physical therapy after broken humerus

Options
question-broke my humerus 6 weeks ago. Dr released me monday. was impressed how quick i healed at my age. Doing my physical therapy on my own. I know the exercises and stretches, but not sure how often I should be doing them. I do them throughout the course of the day anytime I get a chance. I would say anywhere from 30-45 minutes I'm doing some kind of stretch or rom exercise. Is this to much and should I skip a day? Don't want to hurt anything that would keep me from lifting as soon as I am able.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,397 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I would probably double check with your physician but i wouldnt think that is too much.
  • pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    If it was me, I'd book in one visit to a physio to get advice on where you are right now with this specific injury, and then take it from there with some current advice.
  • scooter5106
    scooter5106 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Split mine into 3 pieces pitching baseball few years ago. Started PT 8 weeks post injury. I was lifting weights again about 6 months later and lifting heavy about 1 year post injury.
  • kdavisson333
    kdavisson333 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    thanks for your advice. Appt set up today for pt. don't want to take any chances.