I refuse to weigh myself.

Options
The scale and I have not been getting along with it not budging. I have noticed change in my clothing but the scale just will not tell me want I want to read. So for the entire month of July I am not going to get on my Aria scale. So come August I am either going to be ecstatic or really disappointed.

Replies

• Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you're losing inches even if the scale isn't budging. I think it's good to take some time away from the scale. We can get too fixated on one number as the only measure of progress.
  • PhattiPhat
    PhattiPhat Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    The scale and I have not been getting along with it not budging. I have noticed change in my clothing but the scale just will not tell me want I want to read. So for the entire month of July I am not going to get on my Aria scale. So come August I am either going to be ecstatic or really disappointed.

Mhmm. Scale hasn't moved in 3 weeks but i got into a smaller sized jean. I think imma ignore the scale til August, too.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Scales are lying lil b*tches. I prefer to stick to my tape measure. Or the way my a** jiggles after it gets smacked. I don't know which way I prefer most.
  • laserturkey
    laserturkey Posts: 1,680 Member
    Options
    My scale was stuck for a couple of months, but I could see that I was losing inches and gaining some muscle definition, so that helped. If you know you're doing the right things, then you're right not to sweat the number on the scale. Just use a tape measure to check your progress and don't step on that scale until you're darned good and ready.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    My scale is being a d!ck too. It's on time-out while I keep doin' my thing, and I'll see if it wants to get involved later on... when it's over its piss-poor mood.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Home appliances can be temprimental at times, if you'd call a scale an appliance.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    I've spent the last month doing Insanity, and finally weighed myself. I'm up three pounds, but I am down in inches and body fat, so I'm happy. Don't let the scale be the only number you look at - it lies. Track your measurements and consider taking progress pictures. You'll see the results there, even if the scale won't admit it.
  • freyaheart
    freyaheart Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    I think the worst part of it is that I bought a fitbit aria scale that is supposed to be able to do your body fat percentage but that doesn't seem to be changing either.
  • SusanB148
    SusanB148 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    The scales measure body fat by electrical inductance, which can vary significantly based on your hydration level and what's in your stomach, as well as a number of other factors. I tend to use the In Place of a Roadmap method to determine my body fat with a tape measure, and the results more accurately match what I can see happening. I've lost two inches off my belly, but my scale says my body fat has only changed by a very small fraction of a percent; the tape measure says it is down almost 3%, which jives better with the numbers and progress pictures I have. Try using the tape instead.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/975025-in-place-of-a-road-map-short-n-sweet?hl=short+and+sweet&page=10#posts-15694678