Whey or Preffered Protien Bar & WHY

javba2
javba2 Posts: 57 Member
Howdy fellow travelers of the food "slow down lane" :-)

I like Robert Irvine's Baked Bars the best - unfortunately they're also among the most expensive bars.

Recently there's some noise about "soy protien possibly having negative health effects" - So I am going whey.

Any of you have a favorite bar to talk about (not the type you walk into).

So pls write or let me know - and also feel free to add as friend :-)

Happy Travels.

Replies

• MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    I'm poor so Pure Protein for .67 a bar on sale at Sams or Costco will have to do.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    I'm making my own. I use the puffed wheat cocoa bar as a guide, replacing the puffed wheat with puffed millet, agave syrup for the corn syrup because I happen to have it on hand, butter is the same, and I add four tablespoons of whey powder. This time I also added a tablespoon of PB2 and it came out very nice. Home made is significantly cheaper than the commercial bars. I have cut my bars and I'm storing them all in the freezer because it's easier than individually wrapping each one.
  • Budjola
    Budjola Posts: 148 Member
    quest pumpkin. only bad thing is u need to eat whole box in a day
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Quest in my area are about $3 each. Ordering online even more b/c of shipping.
    No one seems to have cost as a concern.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    I honestly don't think I have a prefered bar anymore. I might pick up the Quest Crunch bars once the hit shelves, but protein powder is just more usable for me
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,422 MFP Moderator
    Our house is stocked with quest bars.. they are low carb and gluten free which are requirements for my wife.

I am a big fan of snickers protein bars and cliff builder bars.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Bars always seem to make me gain weight, and yes I count cals. What I like is EAS Lean 15 shakes. I try others but always come back to EAS.
  • Alyssa_Is_LosingIt
    Alyssa_Is_LosingIt Posts: 4,696 Member
    I always buy Clif Builders bars. They taste great and have enough carbs, fat and calories that I can have one of them for breakfast if I'm in a hurry and it keeps me satisfied.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Quest in my area are about $3 each. Ordering online even more b/c of shipping.
    No one seems to have cost as a concern.

Nope. I spend as much as I want on my food. And that's my own concern and no one else's.
  • itsbasschick
    itsbasschick Posts: 1,584 Member
    i get my quest bars by the case on amazon or ebay, usually for around $2 a piece. the punkin pie has more calories than the rest but is tasty. the double chocolate chunk (especially; when warmed for 12 seconds), chocolate chip cookie dough and apple pie (which isn't pielike but is yummy) are my personal favorites. when i want carbs with the quest bars, i have oats made in non-fat milk or 2% milk depending on my needs at that time.
  • y2k02c5
    y2k02c5 Posts: 2 Member
    Muscle pharm combat crunch bars. Similar to the fit crunch bars. Usually find deals on Amazon or eBay. About $20-25 for 12 count box. These are much better than quest.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Clif builder bars. 20 protein for 270-280 cals is decent, and they're the only bars i've tried that are actually good. Most others i've chucked cause they taste so bad or the texture is awful, and i've yet to find a powder that is palatable.
    I get an 18 pack for $21 at Costco.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    I like RX Bars. I can't eat whey and I prefer to avoid soy, so there aren't really that many options left for me protein bar-wise. Plus, the ingredients in them couldn't get any more simple!
  • javba2
    javba2 Posts: 57 Member
    Thanks everyone great suggestions I really appreciate the time I will look into this thank you