Entire body toned but belly is still there

Options
So my arms and legs are toned but my belly is the only thing that is really flabby and fat. I look fit with clothes on but once you see my stomach bare it seems like something is off lol. I consume a lot of sugar which might be why I have a big stomach. If I lower the sugar intake will it get smaller? What type of exercises should I do to slim it down?

Replies

• hekla90
    hekla90 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    You can't spot reduce fat, it comes off where it comes off. Cardio and weight lifting is what I did focusing on compound lifts and running 2-3 miles. But find something you like and will stick with.
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Your only option is to continue to lower body fat percentage through a calorie deficit.

If your current picture is accurate you still appear over 22-23% body fat. Most women find it requires lowering your body fat <18-16% or so to have visible abs. In addition, there are no specific exercises that can target that area. Where we gain and lose fat is determined by our genetics and "body shape", so you may lose in the stomach last whereas others may lose in other areas last; no exercise routine or reducing sugar will help that.

Hope this helps!
  • ShodanPrime
    ShodanPrime Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Lose the fat covering your stomach. :)
  • Princ3ssDani
    Princ3ssDani Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! My arms back and legs all look great but my stomach looks like a sad sack of mayo; my bmi is 21 now and 31 at my worst. This is my back as of last summer:
    ktniwru97opi.jpeg
  • jainafaith
    jainafaith Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look great princess Dani!!!
  • jainafaith
    jainafaith Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same problem! My arms back and legs all look great but my stomach looks like a sad sack of mayo; my bmi is 21 now and 31 at my worst. This is my back as of last summer:
    ktniwru97opi.jpeg

• gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Join the club! I'm in the same boat. It sucks but all you can do is keep going. Your 90% there.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Keep at it.

it might also be some bloat. Do you drink soda's? chew a lot of gum? reducing the sugar could help reduce your tummy size, in a way. If it's just fat though, there's no way around eating a caloric deficit.
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    Belly fat, for most people, is the last to go. I figure I'll probably have to hit 10% body fat or less to get rid of mine completely. Even then, there will always be a little loose skin. I've heard it can take years for your skin to shrink back to normal or close to normal. Some of that probably depends on your age as well, the younger you are the more resilient your skin will be. Simply keep on a deficit, cut out the sugar, and reduce your body fat and it'll happen.