lifting with PCL tear

Options
hi everyone so 7months ago I tore my PCL in my knee to a grade 2.. No surgery. They said resistance quad strengthening for rehab. Well I'm 7months post tear, female trying to lose a few more BF %s and lifting. I'm always afraid I'm going to 'tweak' my knee. I do wear a full brace on the knee on leg/butt day but struggling to find 'safe' lifts to start building my booty back, dropped a lot of size on my butt. Anybody have experience in lifting after PCL knee tear? I've talked with my doc but I don't wanna schedule another appt and sure as hell don't have the money for another scan so I thought I'd ask here first. Thanks in advance

Replies

• IGbnat24
    IGbnat24 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Start slowly but there's no reason you can't build your way back to full use of the knee. All exercises are fine so long as you've followed your rehab protocol and progress accordingly.
  • SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    i dont know about the PCL, but i completely tore my ACL and i was able to do most lifts, except not lunges or anything with a sideways movement, so most jumping around was out of the question. Actually my limitations really sucked. I was able to squat , DL and kinda leg press and kinda do some other stuff. Every time i squatted or DL my focus was on keeping my knee torqued properly and i definitely favored it and got a little lopsided. And i couldn't walk down hill , or turn or do anything. Ok it really sucked, i had surgery and i feel great now a year and a half later.
    But i was able to squat and DL with it tore, provided i remained very stable and torqued, and i competed with it tore three separate times, and hit some pr's. I didn't wear a full brace at all except for rehab right after the injury and after the surgery, but for training I wore (and still do wear) tight neoprene type knee sleeves.
    i was ALWAYS afraid i was going to tweak it, it sucked big time.
  • rachelmazour
    rachelmazour Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Great thanks for the input!!!