Seeking encouragement

Options
Lenco007
Lenco007 Posts: 28 Member
Hello, I'm new here. Turned 60 last year and need to work on getting healthy. Diabetes was out of control. Begun working out and eating better since mid-November. Dropped from 244 down to 205 and my blood sugars are doing great. However lately I have found myself eating more than my goal calories.

I came to this site to help me do a better job of tracking food intake. However, I also am seeking encouragement from others who understand what it takes to stay motivated.

Replies

• Danmerritt56
    Danmerritt56 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Same age as you. Started at 250 ...down 25. Since March
    How's this for motivation! Diabetes full blown. Heart attack. Early death. Not enjoying your retirement cause of your health. Not watching your grandkids grow up. Or living and enjoying life to the fullest because of the choices we make before before it's to late to reverse anything. This is what I keep saying to myself every time I hit the thread mill.
    Pls stay the course....enjoy a cheat day but get back on the wagon the next day.
    Good luck in your weight loss,
    If not for yourself,for the one's that matter to you.
  • Lenco007
    Lenco007 Posts: 28 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thanks so much for acknowledging my post. It helps to know others are going through similar experiences. I hope to become more active here and look forward to learning a lot from everyone. My initial goal is to reach 199 pounds. That will mark the first time in over 9 years I have been under 200 pounds.
  • KiraCharman
    KiraCharman Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    well done on your progress add me if youd like some help ?
  • crazymama2both
    crazymama2both Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Good job on the loss so far. Feel free to add me because I need encouragement along with you :)
  • barbara3213
    barbara3213 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Good job so far and welcome to MFP. It's great for support and accountability. Remember to log those calories and activity. You're going to do great.
  • ginkelant
    ginkelant Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am using a new all natural weight loss coffee and having tremendous results, it is an absolute appetite suppressor... I feel great and losing weight. Loving my fitness pal... helping keep me on task of tracking and reminding me I have to eat :# .
  • arun0195
    arun0195 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hii