Starting new job, what should my level be set to?

Options
For a long, LONG, time I've been unemployed. Finally after month and months of searching I got a job close to home (5 miles away!) at a hotel for housekeeping (not prestigious, I know.) I've had my activity level as sedentary, since I spent most of my time at home doing house chores, nothing at all rigorous.

I haven't started yet, so I don't know what my days will look like, besides 5 days a week, and everyone's goals there are to clean at least ten rooms per day (piece rate per different style room.)

The biggest room being 1,100sqft. I am full time BUT not paid hourly so they make it sound like I can leave after I have my ten rooms done so long as they aren't under staffed (she said start around 10 and most times be home 3pm so 5 hours worth)

It'll obviously be a lot of work and a huge change to my activity level, but not sure what to set it as, lightly active - active - very active?

Additional info you probably don't need but someone might ask anyway:
F/23 5'3'' 173lbs 1,390cal per day losing 1lb a week.

Replies

• pebble4321
    pebble4321 Posts: 1,132 Member
    Options
    Well done, you must be feeling great after looking for a job for so long!

I'd change your settings to lightly active for the first week and just monitor it after that. That will give you a slight increase in calories to offset more activity, but won't be a big jump.

Keep an eye on how you are feeling and your weight loss after a few weeks - if you are always hungry, lacking energy or losing weight faster than you planned, you might want to bump up the level.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    pebble4321 wrote: »
    Well done, you must be feeling great after looking for a job for so long!

I'd change your settings to lightly active for the first week and just monitor it after that. That will give you a slight increase in calories to offset more activity, but won't be a big jump.

Keep an eye on how you are feeling and your weight loss after a few weeks - if you are always hungry, lacking energy or losing weight faster than you planned, you might want to bump up the level.

All of this!