Heart Rate Monitor from Walmart

Options
I'm trying to find an inexpensive solution until I can afford one of the Polar Heart Rate Monitors.... Does any one have any experience with the one from Walmart? It's a HRM and Pedometer in one? I just need it to be temporary for a month or two.

Replies

• Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    Walmart HRM? It will only work part time and it won't provide you with any benefits.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Personally I'd suggest doing without until you can afford a decent quality one...........
  • ohpretty
    ohpretty Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Walmart HRM? It will only work part time and it won't provide you with any benefits.
    And the award for best post today goes to...
  • blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    Options
    Before I bought my Polar, I went with a cheap HRM from Walmart; it didn't work, so I returned it for another, which worked sporadically. I eventually just decided to return it and buy quality: the Polar, which is fabulous and well worth the investment. It was a big lesson for me in "You get what you pay for."
  • BeTheFire
    BeTheFire Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Allow me to squash the walmart negativity. I've used a Sportsline HRM with chestband for over 2 years from walmart, and as long as you keep the chest strap and back of the watch clean (every 30 uses or so), it's been very reliable and worth the $50. No podometer though.
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I purchased the walmart sportline wrist monitor after my old monitor died. I intended it to be short term and to eventually get a good one, but this one has worked pretty good now for over a year. My only problem, if my hands are cold I can't get a pulse reading. It does not have pedometer, but I have a couple clip ons I use if I am walking in a new area. My regular routes I already know the miles. so it really depends on what you want out of your HRM. I will get a good one sometime - when I have the spare cash - :smile:
  • debraran1
    debraran1 Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I bought a Polar FT 4 from Amazon for about 60...if you want to spend just a little more. Just a HRM though and calorie count.
  • FakingFitness
    FakingFitness Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    And the award for best post today goes to...

Bahaha yep, I second the nomination...
  • RachyLovesRattys
    RachyLovesRattys Posts: 143 Member
    Options

I'm sorry, but BEST QUOTE EVER!! :P
  • blwood860
    blwood860 Posts: 31
    Options
    I would agree that if you purchased a higher quality HRM from Walmart, then I'm sure it would work well. I just went the cheapo route, and it did not work for me. I personally felt that if I was going to spend $50+ anyway, I may as well spring the extra for the brand I ultimately wanted anyway. :)