Twoderland!

Options
rldeclercq4
rldeclercq4 Posts: 269 Member
Is that a thing? I don't care. After years of struggling over 300 lbs I finally hit 299 today! I started this journey at 367 lbs so I've lost 68 lbs at this point. A few things this means to me: 1) My aspiration of getting to 200 lbs seems more realistic than ever 2) to get to that point I have fewer than 100 lbs to lose 3) I'm so close to getting halfway there.

Today I finished week 7 of C25K. I'm doing weigh lifting 3x a week. I'm keeping my calories between 1300-1500 a day. My overall fitness is so much better, I'm stronger, I feel good, my confidence is through the roof.

For years I've thought the keys to losing weight was losing calories through exercise and kept giving up because no matter how hard I worked out if never lose (as I continued to make no substantial changes to my diet). Now I know it all about eating smarter, eating less, eating fresh and home cooked, and supplementing that with a good dose of exercise. I didn't think I could do it, but with the support of family friends and everyone here on MFP I am doing it! If you don't think you can do it, kill that voice in your head saying that. You can. It's hard, so hard, but even more rewarding!

Thanks for reading. Add me if you'd like, I keep an open diary

Replies

• fastpitch2015
    fastpitch2015 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You will get there dude. Stay true and committed. And your right, eat at home. Only you can control what's in your food. I only eat out maybe 3-4 times a month. I control my ingredients. Fresh fresh fresh. Congrats.
  • machjas
    machjas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent. I'll add you too, Spaghetti. Think I might be able to learn from you both. I'm at 368lbs right now, but that's after having lost about 30lbs at this point, two months in. I'd love to hit "Twoderland" before too terribly long..
  • wateryphoenix
    wateryphoenix Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Woohoo! great job!
  • wannastartover34
    wannastartover34 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work!
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    right on!!!
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Absolutely there's a 'Twoderland!' it's located right next to the town of Twoderville! Lots of folks waiting to come and go from there. It's a very popular place.

Wonderful work@rldeclercq4 you're doing so great! Each of you are :)
  • jlemoore
    jlemoore Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    60+pound loss is nothing to sneeze at. Great job.
  • sparklyglitterbomb
    sparklyglitterbomb Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    well done!
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing job! Congratulations and keep up the great work!
  • yadira203
    yadira203 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow that's amazing!
  • jennyi27
    jennyi27 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I am hoping to get to Twoderland soon too. I have made some serious progress, but I still have about 23 pounds to go. When I see that number on the scale though, I am going to be one happy camper!!!

Good advice about eating in. I need to get back to doing more of that. I have been eating out far too often lately, and I think it is messing with my sodium intake and causing water retention issues.
  • Katiekate64
    Katiekate64 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Awesome milestone, congrats! Thank you for sharing it.
  • AidaF430
    AidaF430 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Definitely inspiring. Keep up the great work! Looks like you have a good plan in place and it's working. WTG
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Fantastic!
  • NHDaisy2
    NHDaisy2 Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress!
  • hasmith85
    hasmith85 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress, congrats!
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    @rldeclercq4 , @SpaghettiPig , @machjas I want to tell you that it is indeed possible, easy, and entirely reasonable that your goals of weight loss be reached. I was well over 300 lb and wearing 56" waist pants when I decided to stop trying to die young and start trying to live long. Just that one simple mental toggle made the first chunk of weight loss happen as I simply stopped eating during my commute to and from work. I mean, I was having second breakfast in the car and first dinner in the car. It was disgusting. I stopped that disgusting habit and lost weight quickly. I still had bad habits that kept my weight in the high 200's for several years. When I started using MFP in January of this year I finally had the tools I needed to identify and manage my worst habits while developing better habits. I'm at 190 today.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!