8 pounds in 20 day

Options
I want to loose 10 pounds a month. I started at 246 and I want to get to 190. I'm eating healthy and working out every day.I feel great

Replies

• Raptor2763
    Raptor2763 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Eating clean might not be enough. Portion size and timing are also important. In reference to your workouts:
    1. What kind of workouts are you doing and when?
    2. Do you pre-fuel before and re-fuel after working out?
    3. What do you pre-fuel/re-fuel with?
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    10 pounds per month is quite on the aggressive side. That would average to 2.5 lbs lost per week, so you would need a weekly calorie deficit of 8750, or a daily deficit of 8750/7 = 1250 calories.

I don't know your height or age but I'll assume it's around 5'7" and 25, respectively, for calculation purposes. At 5'7" and 25 years old, your BMR is about 1900 and your TDEE would be around 2200, excluding any sort of exercise.

So, you would have to net 2200-1250 = 950 calories daily. Which means if you didn't want to exercise, you would be limited to 950 calories every day. Every if you add in exercise in order to up your calorie amount, it would still not be very healthy. Not good for sustainability or getting important nutrients.

Most people follow the guide for every 50 lbs to lose, you should be at a deficit of 1 pound per week.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've been here 165 days and have lost about a lb. every 3 days. 10 lbs. a month is doable if you're starting out as large as I was, which was 245 lbs. at 5'5". I suspect that as I approach my target weight, the rate will slow down.