Neat app for tracking weight trends!

Options
I started using Libra a little while back, but in the past few weeks have really been using it as intended. you plug in your goal/timeframe, and it will give you a trendline showing the rate at which will be ideal for meeting your goal. Then, you weigh in every day and it will take the average of your datapoints to give you a projected fututre loss line! you can compare your projection line to your goal line to see how your habits affect your longterm weightloss (or gain/maintenance) goals. I really like it, seeing a visual representation of my habits was a huge wakeup call regarding unchecked snacking.

note: daily fluctuations are wild, so your true trend will emerge after about a month of daily input. Remember, this is all about averages. your stats at the bottom will jump around for a few weeks until you find have enough datapoints to get a true read on your weight.

ra9ogwr6go01.png

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As an aside: Libra is only available on Android devices. For iOS, Happy Scale works nearly the same.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I have been using Libra for several months now and I highly recommend it. It really takes all the stress out of daily weight fluctuations. I weigh myself each morning, enter the weight, and just focus on the trend.
  • blues4miles
    blues4miles Posts: 1,481 Member
    Options
    Kkallisti wrote: »
    note: daily fluctuations are wild, so your true trend will emerge after about a month of daily input. Remember, this is all about averages. your stats at the bottom will jump around for a few weeks until you find have enough datapoints to get a true read on your weight.

I believe the default settings will be 7 days to smooth and 7 days to predict. You can change this by going into your advanced settings. Select the vertical line of three dots on the upper right -> Settings->Advanced preferences:
    There it has smoothing days and forecast days. Mine was default to 7 and 7 when I installed. I prefer 20 days for my smoothing and am currently playing around with 14 as my forecast days. Yes it means if you are losing weight your trend weight might be several pounds higher. But I'd rather have that than freak out at it going up and down all the time.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Do you think these apps suffer when you don't weigh daily? Can they still be helpful for weekly weighing?
  • palmtang
    palmtang Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    These apps look great but are not available for my phone. Can anyone recommend an app that does the same thing for windows phone?
  • Ruuffiiooooo
    Ruuffiiooooo Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    There is a similar website called: http://www.weightgrapher.com/

It does the same thing pretty much but syncs with the Fitbit Aria scale so it logs automatically.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Likewise, Trendweight is a website that does the same thing.

https://trendweight.com/

For myself, I use Happy Scale on my iPhone 6.

This is a typical month:

878C3ED6-22D4-44A6-8466-685189D77ED7.png_zpsc614zbc9.jpeg
  • nineteentwenty
    nineteentwenty Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Do you think these apps suffer when you don't weigh daily? Can they still be helpful for weekly weighing?

They can be used for weekly weighing, but that means you are giving it less data to work with and it will take longer to find an average.
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    palmtang wrote: »
    These apps look great but are not available for my phone. Can anyone recommend an app that does the same thing for windows phone?

Which phone do you have?
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    palmtang wrote: »

When I had a Windows phone I just used Trendweight.com instead of an app.
  • koslowkj
    koslowkj Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I love Libra! So simple, yet it does exactly what I need it to do. :)

One question, OP. What's the slanted blue line? I thought I'd played with every possible setting and I've never had that come up.
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Bump, since a friend was asking about this today and it's useful info.
  • BigGuy47
    BigGuy47 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    The blue line shows the trajectory to hit your goal weight on a specific date. You can set this up using settings and then choosing diet plan.

OP's trend is tracking perfectly with the goal target (blue line). If she.stays.on point she will hit.her goal on time.
  • nineteentwenty
    Options
    BigGuy47 wrote: »
    The blue line shows the trajectory to hit your goal weight on a specific date. You can set this up using settings and then choosing diet plan.

OP's trend is tracking perfectly with the goal target (blue line). If she.stays.on point she will hit.her goal on time.

Here's hoping! :D
  • jwcanfield
    jwcanfield Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Is MFP not showing your general trend when you look at progress?