What good habits have you picked up in your life as a result of a healthier lifestyle?

Options
I find that I'm becoming more organized from planning my meals and putting everything together to bring with me for the day, what about you?

Replies

• brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I've always been pretty organized, but I haven't always maintained a clean house. I'd say my control over my eating habits is the reason why it's now important to me that my room is clean so I have space to exercise, laundry folded so I don't waste time searching for proper clothes giving me more time to exercise, and I clean the kitchen in the morning (from night before) so I can come home and cook dinner easily.

It's a given of course that exercise is improving every area of my life and even making me better at my job. I know parents who lose weight always say it's so much easier to keep up with the kid and as a nanny it brings me joy to be more active in their play and run along with them :) so it's made my job more fun! Less about supervision and teaching manners and more about play- which it always was for them :)
  • benzieboxx
    benzieboxx Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Pre-planning meals has been the biggest time saver and calorie saver. If I've already logged my meals for the next day (like lunch for work) I'm less likely to go off track.
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I shop the perimeter of the grocery store, with short pops into the interior for beans, oatmeal, canned pumpkin, assorted basic canned goods.

Eat out way less!

Pack healthy lunch always, even if just running errands.

These are just a few habits, out of many healthy habits. I cannot say new as I overhauled my lifestyle at least three yeas ago.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    My good habit is just getting up and exercising everyday. Im also more mindful of serving sizes. And i think, in general, thats why i've kept the weight off. Its taught me how to eat :) and now im teaching myself to keep in good cardio health.
  • laur357
    laur357 Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    I keep my pantry and fridge organized and decluttered**, and I spend less on food because I only buy the stuff I'm going to use that week. No random boxes of macaroni and cheese or frozen pizza end up in my cart unless I plan to eat them.

**I do however have a salsa problem, and most of my pantry just looks like the salsa section of a grocery store. It's a very organized collection though.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    • Increasing my fibre up from practically zero which leads to much more regular bowel movements (not a habit really lol)
    • Keeping the kitchen clean at all times as I need all the space I can get for measuring while prepping
    • Cooking! :)
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,715 Member
    Options
    laur357 wrote: »
    I keep my pantry and fridge organized and decluttered**, and I spend less on food because I only buy the stuff I'm going to use that week. No random boxes of macaroni and cheese or frozen pizza end up in my cart unless I plan to eat them.

**I do however have a salsa problem, and most of my pantry just looks like the salsa section of a grocery store. It's a very organized collection though.

That's not a problem - it's an asset! I refer to myself as a salsa snob however because I make my own in large batches and freeze it with all fresh ingredients, some of which I roast prior to chopping to add more flavor.

On topic, my good habits include factoring in my gym time as part of my work day. It's not an option, it's a requirement. I keep 2 fully stocked gym bags in my truck also in case I'm running short on time or forgot something.

The other thing I learned early on that has helped a lot is not to eat food simply because it is available, such as at work or parties or family get-togethers. Food seems to be around everywhere but I only eat it if I'm hungry and I like it, not just because it's within my reach or because it has been offered to me.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I can't stand sitting all day anymore. Need to get moving.
    I like cooking now vs going out all the time.
    Fried food in restaurants doesn't even appeal to me anymore.
    I actually crave healthier things sometimes now too.
    Juice etc are just disgustingly sweet to me now.