Just a quick question...

Options
What does the 'points' mean in the notification area?

Replies

• ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    Hmm, I have no idea (off to find my notification area now lol).
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    It has something to do with people reporting your posts in either negative or positive ways or so someone said a while back in another thread about it. But I never could find the points on mine. I looked and looked and can't find it. Would love to know where it's at. :D:D
  • Melanie9072016
    Melanie9072016 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    perkymommy wrote: »
    It has something to do with people reporting your posts in either negative or positive ways or so someone said a while back in another thread about it. But I never could find the points on mine. I looked and looked and can't find it. Would love to know where it's at. :D:D

Awww thanks. If you click 'all notifications' your profile should come up and it's on that page. :D
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Looks like it's the number of like and awesome flags minus the number of spam and abuse flags you've received.
  • Melanie9072016
    Options
    nutmegoreo wrote: »
    Looks like it's the number of like and awesome flags minus the number of spam and abuse flags you've received.

Yeah I thought that too.
  • Melanie9072016
    Options
    Hmm, I have no idea (off to find my notification area now lol).

Haha. Good luck.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I just realized that you can click on the category and see which posts garnered the flags, likes, etc. I've been dinged for spamming three times and I'm laughing at the posts that were flagged. Clearly not spamming.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    Mine looks like the final question on a college algebra class.
  • Melanie9072016
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    Mine looks like the final question on a college algebra class.

Hahaaaaaaa. Is that a good thing?
  • Melanie9072016
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    I just realized that you can click on the category and see which posts garnered the flags, likes, etc. I've been dinged for spamming three times and I'm laughing at the posts that were flagged. Clearly not spamming.

I've just realised I'm quoting all of my replies to everyone... SORRY FOLKS newbie here. Working progress
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options

I can't figure out where this area is, where are you finding this?? I really want to see how many posts of mine have been flagged lol.

NM, figured it out! Kind of surprised that it's showing no flags, I can be a bit 'blunt' sometimes :p
  • Melanie9072016
    Options
    Cool. And no problem
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options

I can't figure out where this area is, where are you finding this?? I really want to see how many posts of mine have been flagged lol.

NM, figured it out! Kind of surprised that it's showing no flags, I can be a bit 'blunt' sometimes :p

Someone thought my pointing out the difference between waist and waste was abuse so...you're lucky! :)
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    That's entertaining! Apparently stating the calories in chicken breast is considered spam.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,653 Member
    Options
    LOL I got one for spam for mentioning a quest protein powder sale (which....ok....but we have quest lovers here!). The other was for how often I weigh myself.
  • nutmegoreo
    Options
    I can't see where my spam and abuse came from. The threads have been pulled, so they no longer show. You can have the flags removed if they are in error, but I suspect they create an electronic trail to some entertaining butthurt. If you want them removed, PM one of the mods. They don't count against you though, like an actual warning from the mods would, so it doesn't hurt to leave them either.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I got 2 spam flags for saying i don't like apple (IOS) products :open_mouth:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

LOL. I really want to flag you for that, just because. I would really like to know when I spammed anything, much less abused anyone. Those flags are so overused and abused.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options

LOL. I really want to flag you for that, just because. I would really like to know when I spammed anything, much less abused anyone. Those flags are so overused and abused.

Don't you dare :tongue:
  • nutmegoreo
    Options

Don't you dare :tongue:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: