Three week stall

Options
2»

Replies

• Bama1818
    Bama1818 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    WakkoW wrote: »
    How often are you weighing yourself? If I didn't weigh myself every single day, I would feel like I'm spinning in circles. I'm trying to lose very slowly though (4.5 pounds in the last 10 weeks).

The less you have to lose, the more patient you have to be.

I try to weigh in a Saturday mornings once a week
  • WakkoW
    WakkoW Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Bama1818 wrote: »
    How often are you weighing yourself? If I didn't weigh myself every single day, I would feel like I'm spinning in circles. I'm trying to lose very slowly though (4.5 pounds in the last 10 weeks).

Ever try daily weighing and using a weight trending app? I use trendweight.com. I can easily fluctuate 2-4 pounds day to day. You might be trending downward, but the daily fluctuations are hiding a loss.
  • martyohio
    martyohio Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Just hang in there. It's possible that the nicotine had a diuretic effect, and maybe you're holding onto a bit more water weight. Be patient - you're doing the right stuff, and you'll stop dropping again!

Honestly, I couldn't stand to be as OCD as the folks who weigh everything. Yikes.
  • Bama1818
    Bama1818 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Bama1818 wrote: »

Ever try daily weighing and using a weight trending app? I use trendweight.com. I can easily fluctuate 2-4 pounds day to day. You might be trending downward, but the daily fluctuations are hiding a loss.

Nope but I'll give it a shot
  • jesusarolon
    jesusarolon Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I once had a two month plateau. Just keep getting in your workouts and being in a deficit and the scale will eventually move again. Also try mixing up your workouts, either in duration or intensity. Or switch it up and try incorporating a different workout (like hiking, biking, or swimming) if you have the time.