Any fruitarians out there?

Options
Hey everyone

Just wondering if any one follows the 80/10/10 diet? From what I've read and testimonials some ppl swear by it and are mostly ripped?
Just wondering how true this is. Other sites say fruit makes you fat?

Thanks!

Replies

• emmoon
    emmoon Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    fruit is quite high in sugar, I try to stick to two pieces a day, and eat more vegetables. My kids love fruit and could happily survive off it if I let them!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,119 Member
    Options
    What's 80/10/10? Sounds like not a great idea.

Try it and let us know.
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    Last time I researched it I found a bunch of people who swore that it was the most wonderful thing that they'd ever done. I also found a bunch of people who said 'wow, it was really amazing for a few months, then my teeth started falling out etc.' There are a whole bunch of reviews on amazon.com. I would look at the 5-star and the 1-star reviews especially.

Frankly, it's not something that I would consider for myself.
  • CysterWigs
    CysterWigs Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Last time I researched it I found a bunch of people who swore that it was the most wonderful thing that they'd ever done. I also found a bunch of people who said 'wow, it was really amazing for a few months, then my teeth started falling out etc.' There are a whole bunch of reviews on amazon.com. I would look at the 5-star and the 1-star reviews especially.

Frankly, it's not something that I would consider for myself.

I second all of this. I hear that a lot about raw foods/fruitarian diets. They seem to work really well for a while, and you may even have some really remarkable health breakthroughs, but a lot of people experience "failure to thrive" over the long term on these sort of fringe diet plans. I hear they work great as temporary "cleanse" diets, though. (FTR: I'm not advocating this - I am just relaying what I've read.)
  • Jett_05
    Jett_05 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It also seems insanely expensive when you look at how much fruit a person needs to eat in order to actually live. It doesn't seem super do'able. Some people reach out thinking it's a really awesome way to get back to "natural" but there is nothing natural about eating tons of fruit shipped from over seas and making it your primary diet.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    ask Steve Jobs ? Oh, wait...............
  • jessiefreedman
    jessiefreedman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    haha thanks, think i'll give it a try as a 'cleanse' cause I don't think its sustainable especially socially?