Am I doing enough ?

Options
I eat a healthy diet and stay with in my calorie limit (most the time) i walk at least 4 miles 5 days a week, walking between 10/15 thousand steps at least 5 days a week and i've been doing a 1 minute plank, 1 minute walk sit, 20 sit ups and 20 crunches 6 days a week.

Am I doing enough to lose weight?

Replies

• wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,288 Member
    Options
    Are you losing weight doing what you're doing? If not, then it's not enough. You don't have to actually do exercise to lose weight but cardio strengthens your heart, lungs and vascular system and gives you extra calories to work with foodwise. Strengthn training helps retain the muscle you have while you're eating in a deficit and strengthens your bones. If you're not losing weight, either adjust how many calories you eat on a daily basis or get stricter on staying on track, or do more exercise (cardio or strength or combo of both).
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Exercise for fitness and cardiovascular health.

To lose weight, you need a calorie deficit. If you're eating less calories than your body burns, you'll lose weight. So, assuming your logging is correct and your "most of the times" aren't too far over (and putting you into a surplus over your maintenance calories), then yes, you're doing enough. If the scale is showing a downward trend over time, it's enough.