Kinky Orange Jell-O Shots

Options
RebekahR84
RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
I just invented these tonight after not being able to find a decent recipe for Jell-O shots using yummy Kinky Liqueur:

DESCRIPTION:

Have a little fun and still stay on track. Sugar free Jell-O, fresh squeezed orange juice, and Kinky Liqueur. For those who haven't tried it yet, Kinky Liqueur is premium vodka distilled 5 times with mango, blood orange, and passion fruit.

INGREDIENTS:

1/2 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
1/2 cup water
1 small package of orange flavored sugar free Jell-O (.30oz)
1 cup Kinky Liqueur

DIRECTIONS:

For starters, the orange juice doesn't obviously HAVE to be freshly squeezed. I was just being ambitious.

1) Combine the water and the orange juice. Bring mixture to boil. Keep a close eye on it, because the juice will start to reduce if it goes too long.

2) Pour the Jell-O powder into a medium bowl.

3) Pour the boiling orange juice mixture over the Jell-O. Mix for about 2 minutes, or until the Jell-O is completely dissolved.

4) Pour the cup of Kinky Liqueur into the bowl. Mix well.

5) Pour the Jell-O mix into shot glasses, and cool in the refrigerator for at least four hours, preferably over night.

*Note* Shot glass sizes differ. For the purpose of this recipe, I used 1 ounce shot glasses. 2 shots is 1 serving.

NUTRITIONAL INFO PER 2 OZ SERVING:

87 calories, 0 fiber, 0 fat, 1 gram protein, 0 carbs, 0 cholesterol

This is what MFP calculated. However, I researched nutritional value of freshly squeezed OJ, and it looks like 1/2 cup has about 13 grams. So that totals to about 1.6 grams of carbs per 2 shots.

Replies

• TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I might have to try this.

8488541.png
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Let me know if you make it how you like it. This is my first recipe I've created that I've actually posted. :)
  • berriboobear
    berriboobear Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I would be tempted to try this... although maybe switching up the jello flavour and juice type :)
  • RebekahR84
    Options
    Yeah, I think the juice is what makes it. It made the typically artificial flavor of the Jell-O taste really authentic. So I can see using grape juice with grape Jell-O, lime juice (with Stevia) with lime Jell-O, etc.
  • StaceysProperty
    Options
    Whipped cream on the jello? :). Probably not.