Not losing weight, help me!

Options
Hey all :smiley:

I'm not new to MFP (been using it on and off for 5 years) and it's helped me to lose 40lb or so so far.

However, I've recently noticed that my weight is just not dropping and it's getting a tad frustrating, so I was wondering if anyone had some ideas as to why this is and what I can do to get it moving downwards again! I'm getting a bit desperate even did a super silly thing and tried Herbalife for 10 days, which shifted a couple of lb that went right back on again and made me miserable the whole time I was doing it - never again.

I'm a 5ft 7, 21 year old female and I'm currently weighing in at 185lb. My goal is to get to around 160lb.

I'm eating 1500 calories a day, I've got my macros set at 40C, 25F, 35P and tend to stick to this pretty well. I drink plenty of water too

In terms of exercise, I do HIIT on the treadmill 4-5 times a week for 20 minutes each time and I also lift weights (different muscle groups on different days etc).

I feel like I'm doing the right things but just not seeing the numbers change on the scale and as much as I know it's not just a numbers game I can't help but feel a little disheartened, I've been dying to get under 13 stone (182lb) for ages now and it's just not happening!

Any advice would be greatly received! :smile:

Replies

• misskarne
    misskarne Posts: 1,765 Member
    Options
    Do you weigh your food on a scale?
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It sounds like you are doing really well so far! The only thing I can think of is maybe you have hit a "plateau" and your weight loss has stalled! A simple solution to get out of this is try switching up your exercises, try incorporating heavier weights for lifting as well. When we keep doing the same exercises for so long, our bodies tend to get used to them and adapt to what we are doing, so eventually we need to switch it up a bit so our body freaks out and starts losing weight again :)
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    misskarne wrote: »
    Do you weigh your food on a scale?

Yep, I weigh everything out to the gram, I even measure out all my almond milk etc if I'm having cereal.
  • indiacaitlin
    indiacaitlin Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    hiyomi wrote: »
    It sounds like you are doing really well so far! The only thing I can think of is maybe you have hit a "plateau" and your weight loss has stalled! A simple solution to get out of this is try switching up your exercises, try incorporating heavier weights for lifting as well. When we keep doing the same exercises for so long, our bodies tend to get used to them and adapt to what we are doing, so eventually we need to switch it up a bit so our body freaks out and starts losing weight again :)

Thanks! Yeah I'm thinking it is some kind of plateau. I'll try and switch up the exercise a bit and see if that helps! Thank you :smile:
  • FitPhillygirl
    FitPhillygirl Posts: 7,124 Member
    Options
    4xk8wcr9nw44.jpeg
  • DanaDark
    DanaDark Posts: 2,187 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you are eating back your exercise calories or not, but if you are, it could be an overestimation of the burn.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Maybe this will help out, ruling out a medical condition, it has to be one the steps in the chart.
    Without asking you a ton of questions about your deficit, exercise, etc, perhaps this will help out some.

ulqa88ya08qb.jpg