Options
13»

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    pashllen wrote: »
    I'm 5"8 and 143lbs is the lowest I'll go. Any lower than that and I start to look gaunt and sickly.

Oh wow :o I guess it just depends on how you're built lol. I'm the same height but 117, I look big when I hit anything over 130

You're actually underweight which is not healthy. I think looking "big" at 130 is all in your head.
    She's not underweight.
    qr0a55wyw1k7.png

For a CHILD.

Yup. That's what the CDC website says for anyone under 21. She is not underweight for her age.
    I edited my post.
    But she's certainly not BIG. Nor would she be BIG at 130.

I guess we're all worried that this TEEN may be developing an unhealthy perspective... we see it every day here.
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Maybe just because I'm super old the charts recommend a weight of 120 for me, which isn't far off from the OP. I could never achieve that low of a weight, but when I was a 18 I weighed 130. I was a normal weight - not fat, not thin. I don't think I could get that low now either though...
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    See my collarbones in my profile pic.. That's me at my current weight. I can't imagine what they'd look like at 117lbs..
  • vegasleo79
    vegasleo79 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and have been everything from 118-218. I think I look healthiest at 155-165. 145-155 is tough to attain/maintain for me. Anything under 145 looks way too skinny on me. I look fine until 185, just not great.200+ and I start to look heavy.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    You have so much more value than the number on the scale. That doesn't determine your worth and anyone who says otherwise doesn't deserve you!

Please be healthy and don't make choices now that will affect your body negatively down the line. Being too thin has its own health risks, just like being overweight.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    As a guy, I agree with the posts that have mentioned one's natural build type will determine what the lower end of the healthy weight range is. I'm also 5'8" and hover around 120-125 lbs, but I also have a small frame.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Sometimes it pays to look at someone's posting history, the OP has mentioned in an earlier post that they are in recovery from an eating disorder and weighed lower than they currently do. We need to be mindful as to how we answer such questions from people with eating disorders.

Great post. I wish MFP made that easier to do now. A while back one could just click a profile and see prior posts. It IS a great way to gain some context for a post, and help one decide on a responsible reply.
  • ArcticSero
    ArcticSero Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8" and in HS I was 170 pounds (people said that I looked like I was 145) and I was pretty thin and slightly bony. I'm 200 now and trying to get back to that 170. (I was mostly muscle at that time of 170, I went from being anorexic to muscle to chubby once I stopped working out when I hit college lmao). It really does depend on the person.