When Did I Get So Lazy?

Options
2»

Replies

• MelodyandBarbells
    MelodyandBarbells Posts: 7,725 Member
    Options
    ilex70 wrote: »
    Yeah, Texan transplanted to Michigan so I get it. My first two winters here were the arctic vortex followed by the new all time record for snow in the area. This winter wasn't as bad.

For me it takes a goal with a date to overcome procrastination. Yes, generally frowned upon here on MFP, but I got myself to the gym through the entire winter because not doing that would most likely mean not reaching my goal.

I don't think there's anything wrong with attaching a date to your goal. If the goal is reasonable and you're not so emotionally attached to that date that you'd roll over and die if you failed to meet it, there's really no reason not to use it as a motivational tool. I think more often than not, what people see on here is "I need to lose 30 lbs by my wedding!" and the wedding is in a month. That's crazy. What you're doing is sound strategy, big difference.

I do sort of the same thing, except rather than saying, "I will be Xlbs by X date" I say "If I continue my current progress without blowing off logging or exercise, I will likely reach Xlbs by this date." Then I've got incentive not to blow off logging because wow how cool would it be if I actually did this by X date?!

Way cool B)
  • mis1022
    mis1022 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow Michiganander