Which FitBit?

Options
I'm trying to decide between a fitbit HR and the fitbit Alta. Does anyone have any opinions on either of these?

Replies

• KathyApplebaum
    KathyApplebaum Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I currently have a Charge HR, which I really like. It does have some issues with holding a charge (I just charge every day while I shower, so it's not a huge problem.) Other than that, I'm very happy.

Before the Charge HR, I had a regular Charge, which has the same kind of band as the Alta. I had trouble getting that to always snap securely -- YMMV. I do wish the HR had the reminders to move. They recently added the "how many hours are you getting 250 steps" thing, which is nice, but it doesn't tell me that I've been sitting on my butt for a hour so move already. :)

If it were me, I'd buy the Charge HR, but I do a lot of running and biking, and I like not having to enter the calories -- the HR takes care of that for me. If that's not a concern for you, either one would be fine.
  • chocodreams
    chocodreams Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been researching and at the same place as you. I think I'll go with the Alta because the melds that I'm on will never allow my heart is ate to go up. I don't need the hr monitor. The Alta is nicer looking.
  • ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to decide between a fitbit HR and the fitbit Alta. Does anyone have any opinions on either of these?

Thanks for starting this thread. I'm in the market for a Fitbit (for Mother's day. I'm looking for recommendations too!
  • agzram
    agzram Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I just got the new Blaze and love it!!

I like that it looks like a watch...I had the Charge prior and it didn't wear well in terms of the band. The band was breaking away from the unit, the button to scroll through the screen fell out and like the earlier poster stated, the toggles to keep it closed started tearing away from the band making it hard to strap on all within 6 months of purchase.

I purchased a leather band from Amazon for $15 (not the $100 Fitbit wanted from their site) and it looks good. I like the multi sport function as I run, lift weights and bike. I am really liking the HR monitor for a more accurate burn too.
  • madk9123
    madk9123 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I have the fitbit HR I feel it's more accurate because of the heart rate monitor it has I like mine so far it's definitely worth the money
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have the Charge HR (just got it last week), and I love it! I've wanted an HR monitor for a while and was so pleased to find a Fitbit with one built in. My friend said the HR has been accurate on it as well, as she also has a chest HR monitor, so that helped me feel more comfortable with relying on my Fitbit's HR for accuracy with exercise. :)
  • timberflake
    timberflake Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I think the answer is it depends. What's your budget?

The Fitbit Flex is £60 and a good intro into fitness trackers, it doesn't have the bells and whistles of the other models but you get access to the same dashboard up as the rest.

The Fitbit Charge is almost identical to the Flex but you get the addition of a small screen for the extra £10-
    £20 (depending on size, colour and retailer).

Next is the Charge HR (which I own) and Alta for £100. The Charge HR is identical to the Charge but has a heart rate monitor, but the Alta has interchangeable wrist bands so you can bling it up for special occasions.

You then have the Blaze for around £150 which has all the features of the models below it and the addition of some smart watch features.

Finally you have the Surge for around £150. This is getting on a bit now, but was aimed as the more serious sports person.

I love my Charge HR, but I can see why the Alta would appeal to people as you can tailor it to your outfits.
  • bscmcse
    bscmcse Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I personally use the heart rate monitor to measure the productiveness of my workout and I think it accurately measures the calories burned working out. Since I'm more interested in heart rate than steps per day, I got the Blaze and my wife got the Charge HR and likes it. If you are not so interested in heart rate than it seems the Alta would be a good fit.
  • ShapingTheLaw
    ShapingTheLaw Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Excellent responses! I ended up getting the Charge HR for Mother's day. I'm loving it. I think the heart rate feature is pretty accurate. I just wish it would remind me to move often.