MFP Wow

Options
Hi all, I'm a 39 years old married male from Central England and turned to myfitnesspal because I could not bear the thought of being 40 and fat and unhealthy at the same time.

I was a sprinter in my school days and highly active all the way through my teens and twenties and tipped the scales at around 12-13 and a half stone without fail. I could eat what I liked and never put on weight, it would always be burnt off.

Then when I reached 30 my whole metabolism changed. I slowed down, became less active, lazy almost and throughout my thirties I have slowly ballooned, and with it came the back aches, the man boobs, the knot pulling in my stomach, the acid reflux, the lot.

By August 2012 I was 18 stone 10lb and as I'm 6ft 1, I was therefore officially classed as obese! So as I was worried about my health and future I started to try and diet, and watched what I ate. By Christmas I was down to 18 stone which at the time I thought was great, but after a Christmas week of excess I found that I was pretty much back where I started by January 2013. So I wrote my diet off as a failure and didn't really bother anymore.

However in March 2013 I was at a family party and feeling very fat and achy and felt very uncomfortable. My brother recommended me the myfitnesspal app for my iPhone, which he in turn had been recommended by a family member who had lost a shed load of weight using it.

The next day I started using it religiously. It gave me the impetus to carry it on day by day, even giving me the motivation to walk to work the odd day or two. I'm starting to slow jog again and I'm down nearly two jean sizes since using it.

It's great to be told how good I look by people who have noticed the difference. I am now 16st 1lb and falling and have lost 2 and a half stone in just 4 months... That's all down to calorie control and extra exercise. The best part is I haven't had acid reflux, knots in my stomach and backache since! I used to drink Gaviscon by the bottle and now it's hardly touched.

What's really helpful is that my wife us also using MFP and we're doing it together. She lost... Well it's not polite or gentlemanly to speak of a ladies weight.. But let's just say she's looking and feeling great... It's nice to have her support and nice to be able to support and encourage her in return.

Good luck to you all and hope MFP proves to be just as successful for you as it has for us.

Replies

• RoanneRed
    RoanneRed Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Good on you both.
  • kazhowe
    kazhowe Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    that is one really nice post - I really enjoyed reading your story .... here 's wishing you and your wife every success and robust good health :drinker: