AMAZING Peach Dessert!

Options
maryann73
maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
This dessert is in my All You Magazine. I tried it tonight and it is AWESOME. I did change the recipe a smidge. It calls for some heavy cream to whip with sugar and put on top at the end. I used cool whip. I put it in the recipe analyzer (minus heavy cream and sugar) and it came up as 119 calories. With the cream, the magazine has it at 220 calories.

Roasted Peaches with Cookie Crumble

5 gingersnaps
1/4 cup pecan halves
2 Tbsp. all purpose flour
1 1/2 Tbsp. packed light brown sugar
3 Tbsp. unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
3 ripe peaches, halved and pitted

(if you want the heavy cream, you will need 1/2 cup heavy cream and 1 Tbsp. sugar.)

Preheat oven to 350. Butter an 8 inch square baking dish. Combine gingersnaps, pecans, flour and brown sugar in bowl of a food processor and pulse several times to coarsely chop cookies and pecans. Add butter and process until crumbs begin to form. Arrange peaches, cut side up, in baking dish. Press cookie mixture into center of each peach, pressing to adhere. Bake until peaches are tender and topping is browned, about 30 minutes. Let stand 10 min. to cool slightly.

While peaches are cooling, whip cream with sugar until stiff peaks forms. Transfer to dessert bowls and swerve with whipped cream.

Replies

• Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    That sounds delicious.
  • merbee
    merbee Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Oh it really does sound delicious. I'll have to try this - and I woudl use the coll whip too.
  • HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    bump
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    looks delish!
  • MissyMorganFit
    Options
    how many servings is the entire recipe? are the peaches to be peeled or no? look forward to trying this....THANKS for sharing!
  • maryann73
    maryann73 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    peaches are unpeeled. (If you don't like the skin, it comes off super easily once cooked.) It makes 6 servings, everyone gets a 1/2. :smile:
  • circusmom
    circusmom Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    bump
  • wilkypoo
    wilkypoo Posts: 52
    Options
    BUMP! I looooooooove me some peach cobbler :love: ---and this just might give me a peach-fix to substitute that for.

Thanks for sharing!! :flowerforyou:
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    Oooh!! That sounds so yummy. I will have to try it! Thanks for posting this.
  • smelliott
    smelliott Posts: 120
    Options
    This sounds delicious, thanks