What are you thankful for lately?

Options
spookyface
spookyface Posts: 420 Member
I am thankful I don't need dentures like my 3 friends and that my house did not get flooded like my son's in Houston. I'm in IL.

Replies

• Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    I am thankful for my friends on MFP who keep me going day after day, and I am also thankful for my family and my health. My three daughters and 5 (soon to be 6) grand children. My wife, who puts up with my *kitten*. There are many things for which to be thankful. ;) Oh.. and ice cream. I am thankful for all forms of ice cream. lol
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful that I live in a place where there is mostly law and order, and people aren't killing each other over religion or ethnicity. (For the most part.)
  • jhschwindt85
    jhschwindt85 Posts: 561 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm thankful to wake up each day, in good health, and to spend another day with my loved ones.
  • spookyface
    spookyface Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    So you're thankful that other's misfortunes are not yours?

I was not at all being mean spirited.
  • FunbagsMcGee
    FunbagsMcGee Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Pepsi Max and Friday nights
  • melmelw03
    melmelw03 Posts: 5,338 Member
    Options
    That blue coconut snow cone I had yesterday.
  • suzreen
    suzreen Posts: 2,455 Member
    Options
    spookyface wrote: »
    So you're thankful that other's misfortunes are not yours?

I was not at all being mean spirited.

Maybe he was just being a smarty pants. I didnt think you were mean. I do that all the time, too. When you see other people having a hard time, it can (and probably should) remind you to be grateful that you are not suffering too.
  • RebeccaLansdown
    RebeccaLansdown Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I'm thankful for my children. They all have the best sense of humor. They can throw out some of the greatest zingers that make me just roll. Example: I asked my middle child if he would ever like to go skydiving with me. His reply, "Skydiving?" "Oh no, I'm a land creature not wanting to plummet thousands of feet." It was so funny when he said it!
  • jhschwindt85
    jhschwindt85 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Family, friends, health... and my dad's encouragement during hard situations.
  • bootqueenmfp
    bootqueenmfp Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    My amazing mfp friends!!!!!