40 something newbie

Options
Hi I'm Maz aged 43 currently 172lbs trying to get to 147lbs.

I started in January but gave up, now it's time for change, I hate feeling tired and out of breath all the time! And being only 5ft 3 I am starting to look and feel awful - clothes shopping is a nightmare. I've got an extremely sweet tooth and a bad back but no more excuses I want to get healthy.

For me this isn't a diet, but a lifestyle change. I stopped eating red meat a year ago and am cutting out processed food but there is a lot I still need to learn about foods like carbs, diff fats etc.

I walked 5km for cancer research this year and next year I am going to RUN the 10km for cancer research.

Any advice, encouragement, needed and appreciated. Good luck with your goals Xx

Replies

• tattymum
    tattymum Posts: 3
    Options
    hi :flowerforyou:
  • snowfallgently
    Options
    Hi,
    We have similar goals and you seem similar to me in the way my eating habits have been. I am changing and really enjoying the way I feel. It really is a lifestyle and requires day to day plodding along making healthy food choices. Will talk more later.
  • INxFOCUSx2013
    INxFOCUSx2013 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Hi Maz feel free to add me, I'm 40ish too :) and started 1 week ago.
  • Ca1iso
    Ca1iso Posts: 8
    Options
    Hey, I just started too. Us newbs have to stick together haha. Good luck to you. :)
  • MoJoPoe
    MoJoPoe Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I am 52 with similar habits and weight to lose Feel free to add me as a friend.

(I was hoping to run a 5 miler in the Fall for charity, but I am not making suitable progress. I am happy I can now jog over 2 miles without walking.)
  • maztee40
    maztee40 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all. Glad there are people on here similar to me. We will do this one inch at a time! :happy: