Avoiding sugar crash? Workouts help?

Options
2»

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,988 Member
    Options
    I was trying to replace my breakfast with a smoothie because I had previously done so with the Kirkland weight loss shakes (Cans) and had really really good success. I don't feel full until lunch when I eat breakfast. I've tried tweaking a few things, but I start snacking and can't stop. This smoothie keeps me nice and full till lunch. (Friday was an anomaly, I was up super early so I essentially ate breakfast twice.) I figured since drinking my breakfast keeps me full, it would allow me to keep breakfast calories down and also cut out snacking calories. Unfortunately it's not working the way it used to. I thought I had come up with a tasty and more nutritious replacement, which has obviously failed. So I took to the forums for feedback.

When viewed as separate meals, the cereal & milk and the smoothie are still high carb and relatively low fiber and protein. Look at your macros as you make a meal and tweak to get protein and fiber up and carbs down. Reread @jgnatca's post about the insulin response.

• arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    Yeah your breakfast has more carbs than I eat in an entire day. I'd be exhausted as well.