vegan on a bulk

Options
hello peoples. I weightlift and currently focus on the big compounds, squat, DL bench, BB rows, OHP. I incorporate some accessory work for hypertrophy.

5 months into a minimum 1 year bulk. Anyone similar interest and Vegan.

Add me

Replies

• DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    Options
    I haven't really found that many other vegan lifters on here that have the intention of mass gaining.

Are you following a structured program or something of your own invention?
  • babychris1
    babychris1 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I haven't really found that many other vegan lifters on here that have the intention of mass gaining.

Are you following a structured program or something of your own invention?

yeah most are all about the cycling and the gaunt look. Im about building some mass and strength.

Following 5x5 but incorporating isolation. will do this for a bit. maybe give powerbuillding a go.
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    bulking as a vegan is simple. Cutting as a vegan (and getting enough protein) is the real challenge!
  • babychris1
    Options
    kuftae wrote: »
    bulking as a vegan is simple. Cutting as a vegan (and getting enough protein) is the real challenge!

challenge = good
  • DaddieCat
    DaddieCat Posts: 3,643 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I never had any problems on a cut... but I guess it depends on your choice of plant based protein/overall caloric needs for the cut. With less calories, I could see it getting tough. My maintenance is so high that it's not a big deal.

*edited because auto correct hates me.
  • babychris1
    Options
    im gonna spend at least a year building strength and mass. makes sense. then when it comes to scaling back on the calories I'll be able to eat more. All about the metabolism.
  • MusuSimOne2018
    MusuSimOne2018 Posts: 1 Member
    edited December 2023
    Options
    I’m Vegan as well @babychris1 and trying to break thought plateu
    Doing isolation but I think my body shape and afe doesn’t allow me to put that extra weights
    I’m at the moment 71kg lean muscle but I would love to open a discussion about how to achieve the 80 or even 85 kg.
    you have any suggestion about bulking let me know.