Calorie goal

I am 11.5 stone and want to get to 10 stone losing around 2lb a week. How much should my daily calorie amount be?

Replies

• Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
  • ClaireSmith811
    ClaireSmith811 Posts: 32 Member
    I started at 11 stone back in October. I have stuck to 1200 calories daily and go walking a couple of days a week usually 3 miles. It's taken me until now to lose 30lb, now weighing 8st 11lb. I usually lose around 1lb a week, some weeks I have stayed the same. It's been a slow process but worth it to finally be seeing the results. I'll be happy to lose another 11lb making me 8st, back to where I was 9 years ago!

Good luck with your weight loss :)
  • Lysander666
    Lysander666 Posts: 275 Member
    Remember that 1200 is your NET CALORIE goal. So you can eat back any calories burned through exercise. If you burn off 300 cals through exercise, you can eat 1500 that day. If you burn 800 through exercise, you can eat 2000 that day. My Fitness Pal will calculate this for you if you log your exercise.

Remember that 1200 net is a GOAL - you must hit it, do not eat under it. If you eat less you risk your body storing fat because it won't be getting enough energy.

1200 is low though, no doubt. You can make things easier for yourself by avoiding sugary foods which will make you feel more hungry an hour or so later, and eating lots of low calorie high protein foods like turkey, chicken, tuna, eggs and fish. The high protein in these will keep you feeling full for a long time, while their comparative low calorie amounts won't add that much to your total.

I would also suggest factoring something into your goal that you like every other day, like 100-200 cals worth of chocolate or whatever it is you enjoy. Most diets fail because people feel deprived. If you have a little of what you like regularly you won't feel like quitting.