Wanna lose 15 kg as quick as possible

Could anyone give me so advise for losing weight as quick as possible, I want it for summer

Replies

• janjunie
    janjunie Posts: 1,200 Member
    Should have started earlier...15 KG will take most people at LEAST 3.5-4 months to lose.
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Unless you are extremely overweight (as in several hundred pounds overweight), or are talking about summer of 2017, it is not going to happen. Trying to lose that much weight in such a short amount of time would be dangerous.

If you share your stats (height, current weight, age, activity level, goal weight), we can help you figure out a plan to get you headed in the right direction safely.
  • thiosulfate
    thiosulfate Posts: 262 Member
    Do you want to lose it fast and then gain it all back (plus more, perhaps) or do you want to lose weight steadily and keep it off?
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I'd like to lose 3 kg before tomorrow but it ain't gonna happen because I like my left hand more.
  • Jruzer
    Jruzer Posts: 3,501 Member
    Not trying to be facetious here - OP, are you in the Southern Hemisphere? Then it's doable.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Sure if you physically remove a body part.

It's a very aggressive goal. A smarter and more sustainable plan would be get started now and plan for the body you want to come when it's good and ready. The speed and efficiency of your loss depends upon your dedication to a caloric deficit for as long as it takes.
  • nicoleung000
    nicoleung000 Posts: 9 Member
    Well I am not like extreme overweight, I'm just slightly overweight. I'm about 163 cm tall and 65kg
    I really wanna lose some weight
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Well I am not like extreme overweight, I'm just slightly overweight. I'm about 163 cm tall and 65kg

Age and activity level? Need that to figure out calorie intake.
  • BeYouTiful94
    BeYouTiful94 Posts: 289 Member
    edited April 2016
    You're actually not overweight. 5'4"-ish and 143-ish pounds is at the upper end of normal BMI. That being said, since you're not severely obese or anything like that, losing that roughly 33 pounds by summer is highly unlikely, unless you do something drastic and unhealthy. Even at a very aggressive 2 pound a week goal, that's 16 weeks, and the more your BMI creeps down as you lose weight, the harder those extra pounds are gonna be to get off. Also, I'm just gonna toss in there that losing 33 pounds from 143 would actually put you at an underweight BMI, so maybe reconsider that number. And see if you can estimate your body fat percentage to see how much lean mass you're carrying. You don't want to lose so much weight that you're severely cutting into your lean mass

EDIT: Just kidding on the underweight! I went back to my site and forgot to move it back down from my 5'5". You'd be just over underweight so totally disregard that bit :) Getting that low will take a lot more time that someone who weighs more, and a half pound a week goal would be more what you're looking at. And do still see if you can calculate your body fat percentage, because you don't want to lose a bunch of lean mass.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member

Losing too quickly will end up resulting in muscle loss. People typically finds that it makes you smaller, but still "squishy" so to speak and they still aren't happy with the way they look even after the weight is gone. If you want most of your loss to be fat, I suggest looking into a strength training program, losing probably about 0.5-1 lb per week and aiming for 0.8 g -1 g protein per lb body weight.