10 lbs. in 10 days starts Monday!

Venus14
Venus14 Posts: 6 Member
This is a serious challenge and it will take a lot of hard work and discipline. My plan is:
Exercise-
20,000 steps a day
1 hour of cardio or circuit training
Ab workouts before every meal
Water-
1 gallon per day
Meals-
Plant based and whole foods
No:
Sugar
Flour (including bread and pasta)
Rice
Red meat or pork
Processed meats
High-glycemic fruits
Alcohol
Limited dairy

Who's with me?!

Replies

• Venus14
    I'm trying to go from 135-125, that's a tough 10!
  • nickeyraye
    nickeyraye Posts: 8 Member
    I'm in, really need to lose 10 lbs
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Wait... Did you say you wanted to lose 10lb in 10 days, or am I reading that wrong?
    Because 10lbs in 10 days is not very safe or sensible, or even possible, sorry. :/
  • Venus14
    Wait... Did you say you wanted to lose 10lb in 10 days, or am I reading that wrong?
    Because 10lbs in 10 days is not very safe or sensible, or even possible, sorry. :/

You're right, it is not possible to lose 10 lbs of body fat in 10 days. Most of the weight loss will come from water, waste cleansed from the intestines, some lean body mass and hopefully 3-4 pounds of body fat
  • Venus14
    This is a very intense workout regimine and diet. It should not be done for long periods of time or by anybody with medical conditions. It is important to drink as much as water as possible, and be in touch with your body. Because it is a low-glycemic diet, you should be eating plenty of vegetables, and fruits should be kept on hand in case your blood sugar falls too low. However, blood sugar should remain stable, because you will be releasing a steady stream of insulin from your pancreas because it is not having to compensate for introducing dietary sugars into the blood.
  • LatanyaWashington
    LatanyaWashington Posts: 1 Member
    I'm in! @Venus14
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Dear Posters,

I wanted to offer a brief explanation for the locking of this thread.

The forum guidelines include this item:

3. No Promotion of Unsafe Weight-Loss Techniques or Eating Disorders

a) Posts intended to promote potentially unsafe or controversial weight loss products or procedures, including non-medically prescribed supplements or MLM products will be removed without warning.
    b) Profiles, groups, messages, posts, or wall comments that encourage anorexia, bulimia, or very low calorie diets of any kind will be removed, and may be grounds for account deletion. This includes positive references to ana/mia, purging, or self-starving. Our goal is to provide users with the tools to achieve their weight management goals at a steady, sustainable rate. Use of the site to promote, glamorize, or achieve dangerously low levels of eating is not permitted.

If you would like to review the forum guidelines, please visit the following link:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

The Challenges section also has this additional guideline, which this topic violates.

Challenges which encourage VLCDs, extreme calorie deficits through the use of exercise, or which promote weight loss goals beyond the 2lb per week will be removed.

You can read the additional guidelines here:
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10298436/welcome-to-the-myfitnesspal-challenges-category-please-read#latest

At our discretion, this locked thread may be deleted entirely in the near future.

Thanks for your understanding,
    USMCMP
    MyFitnessPal Moderator
This discussion has been closed.