favorite weird food combo

Options
fishshark
fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
For instance since i was a kid ive eaten flaming hot cheetos dipped in cream cheese.. or i like peanut butter and pickle sandwiches (havent actually had one in years but i like them) what are some "weird" food combos you love?!

Replies

• Cynsonya
    Cynsonya Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Loved peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches growing up. In high school it was dill pickles dipped in chocolate shakes. Now no weird combos that come to mind.
  • queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Options
    Ketchup on avocado :)
  • BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I guess my worst one is that I literally make a sandwich out of anything... curry and rice, shepherds pie, roast dinners, - if you can fit it between 2 slices of bread.. then i generally do it. It can make for some pretty odd combos but they always seem to taste nice to me (even if I do see my family cringe when I do it!)
  • ASH_DVM
    ASH_DVM Posts: 160 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Best Hamburger: Ground Chuck, Swiss Cheese, topped with Bacon, Pickles, Peanut Butter, Tomato, a fried egg, and Mayonnaise.

Or an Egg, Peanut Butter, and Honey sandwich.

Both great combos that get funny looks from others
  • fishshark
    Options
    ASH_DVM wrote: »
    Best Hamburger: Ground Chuck, Swiss Cheese, topped with Bacon, Pickles, Peanut Butter, Tomato, a fried egg, and Mayonnaise.

Or an Egg, Peanut Butter, and Honey sandwich.

Both great combos that get funny looks from others

i love peanut butter on burgers totally forgot about that one!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Gelatin or coconut pulp/paste + fish (counters the dryness)

Weird 1s from past diets: Peanut or Almond butter + cottage cheese (a bodybuilder staple of "nastiness" that tastes good...looks like *kitten*), "sludge" combo of blueberries/whey protein/peanut or almond butter (another bodybuilder staple; works good for traveling as well), cream cheese + eggs, yogurt or kefir + eggs...& probably many more I can't think of because they are "normal" to me...
  • fishshark
    Options
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    Gelatin or coconut pulp/paste + fish (counters the dryness)

Weird 1s from past diets: Peanut or Almond butter + cottage cheese (a bodybuilder staple of "nastiness" that tastes good...looks like *kitten*), "sludge" combo of blueberries/whey protein/peanut or almond butter (another bodybuilder staple; works good for traveling as well), cream cheese + eggs, yogurt or kefir + eggs...& probably many more I can't think of because they are "normal" to me...

love peanut butter and cottage cheese combo... yes looks very much like *kitten* haha
  • AlciaMode
    AlciaMode Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Pickles wrapped in ham and cheese
  • jhschwindt85
    jhschwindt85 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and Doritos
  • Losewtforlife4him
    Losewtforlife4him Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese and Doritos

I always loved cottage cheese with salt and pepper with potato chips as a kid! Learned this from a friend. It is so yummy and I guess it's the salt with cottage cheese that is so good

• AllOutof_Bubblegum
    AllOutof_Bubblegum Posts: 3,646 Member
    Options
    Barbecue potato chips dipped in cottage cheese! Yum!
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I like cottage cheese on rice cakes. Also, now I put greek yogurt on just about everything.
  • fishshark
    Options
    loving the cottage cheese and chips ideas
  • crabbybrianna
    crabbybrianna Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    My favourite sandwich when I was a kid was peanut butter, pickle, and yellow mustard. Sometimes I'd add cheddar slices.
  • bioklutz
    bioklutz Posts: 1,365 Member
    Options
    It may qualify as weird... Vanilla ice cream topped with a little bit of high quality balsamic vinegar. I only have it a few times a year but it is tasty as hell to me :smile:
  • ksjjjerry
    ksjjjerry Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with salsa!
  • TheBeachgod
    TheBeachgod Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on Fritos, Doritos or potato chips.
  • capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid I loved pb and miracle whip sandwiches lol
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    Pepperoncini peppers with cottage cheese. I love eating the peppers and letting the juice spill onto the cottage cheese and then eating it. I only do this in private. ;-)
  • fishshark
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    Pepperoncini peppers with cottage cheese. I love eating the peppers and letting the juice spill onto the cottage cheese and then eating it. I only do this in private. ;-)

i used to love pepperoncini and cream cheese or a slice of salami cream cheese and a pepperoncini. yummm...