Signed up for a 5k in January

Options
Balaru
Balaru Posts: 203 Member
So excited. I did it! I signed up for a 5k on my birthday weekend in January. So I am officially in Spring Training and since the big event is the 2nd weekend in January it will keep me on track during the holidays.

Replies

• gabbo34
    gabbo34 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for your first race. Most C25k programs are about 8 weeks, so you have more than enough time to prepare. If you follow the program, I'll bet you'll be more than ready months before then....
  • Balaru
    Balaru Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I may do one sooner but I live in the South and the summers are very hot and very humid. The latest I've ever done a race was in May. That was 3 years ago. I was on a roll then - doing a 5k or 10k at least once a month for six months then the humidity got me and a Hurricane hit our town. So starting all over. This will be a little different too in that it's part of a Marathon weekend. I'm only doing the 5k part. The most I've done so far is 10ks and that was after a LOT of walking. Eventually I would love to do Disney. Have you done any Disney races? Or races out of your own area?
  • Najus1
    Najus1 Posts: 13 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Congrats on signing up for your 5k.