DWE

Options
So guys and girls, I have noticed that lately I'm sliding backwards into a bad habit. For my work I drive A LOT. When I'm on the road I used to eat constantly in my car. This is how I gained in the first place. I also noticed that most days I'm blowing my calorie goals. I need to find a way to STOP eating while driving. I listen to music or recorded books. Drink lots of water (sometimes diet Dr Pepper ) but wish I could quit eating while driving altogether. Yesterday it was half a bag of air popped popcorn and an entire box of junior mints. The sugar I have managed to avoid is also creeping back. This feels like some horror movie where these things are slowly taking me over - again!!!!

Replies

• DM01234
    DM01234 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    You are the director of your own movie. I've had spurts like this as well.. Many of us probably have. The good thing is you recognize it. Now substitute nutritious lower cal / more filling food for the bad stuff... Ever try a homemade protein shake? Will fill you up and not too bad in cals if done appropriately.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The obvoius solution would be to not have anything edible in your car, and get out of the car to eat, but I guess that's not an option? Or pack healthy, pre-portioned meals for the road?
  • cmverhey
    cmverhey Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chewing gum helps me on car journeys.