Rapid Weight Loss Goals

Options
Hello,

When the scale hit 247.5, I decided to lose weight pronto. It's the 23rd today or 5 days and I've lost a total of 7 pounds.

I eat well below the target weight.

I eat dinner or snacks for dinner, but nothing for the entire day other than coffee and multivitamins.

It's not the healthiest program to take, but if you want rapid fast results, eat 1 meal a day.

You just need to get on a good maintainance program once you've achieved your target weight.

Willpower and Determination is all that's needed to lose weight. In all honesty you don't need MyFitnessPal or an app to lose weight. In the past I lost 67 pounds, down 190. Only problem was splurging and getting off diet once I made my target weight.

If you want to learn how to lose weight very fast, friend me, and ask a question.

Replies

• ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,024 Member
    Options
    Yep. Sounds like you have reached guru status.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I am sorry, but I do not agree with your method.

First of all, eating too few calories not only results in fat loss, but you are losing muscle as well. Muscle tissue burns more calories than fat even at rest.

Secondly, even with a multivitamin, you are not getting the nutrition your body needs to function. You run the risk of not only losing muscle, but losing your hair, and damaging internal organs. You are only at day 5, so give it time, you will start to feel like crap!

Thirdly, when you restrict so much, you run a huge risk of binging. And, your plan is not sustainable. You say you need a good maintenance plan when you are finished, but research shows fast weight loss results in gaining the weight right back. Why not just learn how to eat less and lose the weight slowly so heading into maintenance is not such a rough transition?

I lost 9 lbs my first two weeks. Losing quickly at the beginning is not an odd thing as your body will shed a lot of water weight. I ate three meals a day, plus snacks. I even was able to fit in treats when I wanted them.

I urge you to rethink your plan. Losing weight fast is just not a wise thing.
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    Come back in a year and let us know how that worked out for you.

This discussion has been closed.