Dammit, McDonalds

Options
So, husband isnt home for dinner and I didnt have anything to cook, so I decided to go get McDonalds. I had a ton of calories left for the day and havent been in a while, why not.
I figured out I had just enough cals for a Quarter Pounder and a medium fry with 10 cals to spare. I pre-logged it. Go through the drive thru. Guy hands me my bag and the manager pops his head out and says "oh I gave you a large fry instead of a medium fry, you save a dollar" I took it without thinking, drove away, then realized crap, I don't have the cals for this.
So now I gotta find the willpower to stop eating my fries halfway through, and let's be honest, that aint gonna happen.
I guess that's what I get for going to McDonalds :D:D

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Next time look up the serving size on the McDonald's website, measure out that much, and throw out the rest if you want to remove the temptation. I'm guessing the website has the weight but can't remember for sure.
  • JackieMarie1989jgw
    JackieMarie1989jgw Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I ate the fries, eat lighter today, no big deal :p
  • rsleighty
    rsleighty Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    It all works out. Glad you enjoyed your fries.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Portion out the fries you meant to get and 'accidentally' drop the rest in the trash.

I do this!

I worked last night 2nd shift and my dinner wore off by 11pm so I stopped by Mickie D's and got nuggets and fries. Both smallest sizes I could get. I didn't sweat it. I worked a long shift yesterday and burned a lot of calories. I just don't do it often. I don't eat fast food often at all but when I do it's always chicken and never red meat.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Do the McDonald's restaurants in the rest of the country have seagulls? The ones in Southeasern CT do. Just throw them out the car window and they'll take care of the extra fries for you.
  • booksandchocolate12
    booksandchocolate12 Posts: 1,741 Member
    Options
    Do the McDonald's restaurants in the rest of the country have seagulls? The ones in Southeasern CT do. Just throw them out the car window and they'll take care of the extra fries for you.

The ones on Long Island do too. I was leaving the drive through one day and a car in the parking lot was covered in seagulls. *shudders*
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    OT, but I went to an employee orientation and was told that giving out free food is the No. 1 reason why people get fired from working there.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    There is an entry called:
    Yesterday's Overage - Yesterday's Calorie Intake Overage
  • Carol_
    Carol_ Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Once Burger King GAVE ME some kinda' sugary 'slurppee thing' because they messed up my order. Sheeesh!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Last week McD try to give me a fried pie because my order was delayed. They tend to do that locally when they become dated to serve.
  • ValerieMartini2Olives
    ValerieMartini2Olives Posts: 3,041 Member
    Options
    OT, but I went to an employee orientation and was told that giving out free food is the No. 1 reason why people get fired from working there.

I don't think what OP is talking about is what you are talking about. I think what you are speaking of is intentionally giving free food to family members, friends, etc.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    Carol_ wrote: »
    Once Burger King GAVE ME some kinda' sugary 'slurppee thing' because they messed up my order. Sheeesh!

Back in my fast food days the dude at Burger King would often give me my whole meal for free. He just wanted to do me. It was getting super creepy so I had to find a different BK.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    I eat a few fries while they're hot, then eat my burger slowly. By the time the burger is gone, the fries are cold and taste like crap so I just toss them.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options

I don't think what OP is talking about is what you are talking about. I think what you are speaking of is intentionally giving free food to family members, friends, etc.
    That may be the more common way of doing it. I just realized though that the OP said that it was a manager, which is even more striking. Since some McDonald's stores are owned by different franchises, it may be that not all locations are as strict with that policy.
  • positivepowers
    positivepowers Posts: 902 Member
    Options

California McDs have seagulls, at least the ones near the beach. Nevada McDs don't have seagulls, we have a surplus of pigeons, though.
  • brrrycicle
    brrrycicle Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    California McDs have seagulls, at least the ones near the beach. Nevada McDs don't have seagulls, we have a surplus of pigeons, though.

Yep, Las Vegas is like a pigeon oasis. They're downright aggressive at Sonic. Haha.

One time at a McDonald's they gave me a hash brown instead of fries because they were out. They tried to tell me it was an "upgrade". I was so sad.