Major Weight Loss and Scale Issues!!

Question for people that have lost a large amount of weight... I have lost 119 pounds total and I have 46 more that I would like to lose till I am at my goal weight. Anything less then 175, I would be very happy with but I would also be very pleased with 175. How long did it take for your last chunk of weight to come off? Like 40-50 pounds? My weight loss has slowed down a ton and I tend to hover around one set of "tens" for a very long time.

Also, has anyone ever experianced staying around one weight for awhile (like a couples weeks up to two months) then lost like 2-4 pounds, then stayed at that weight for awhile? This is what I am going through currently. Its almost like I am having plateus every couple of pounds. How do you guys break through your plateaus?

Replies

• queenliz99
    queenliz99 Posts: 15,317 Member
    Congrats on your weight loss so far!! High five!! You just have to keep plugging away! As you get smaller your calorie counting needs to get more accurate and it slows down.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Also, has anyone ever experianced staying around one weight for awhile (like a couples weeks up to two months) then lost like 2-4 pounds, then stayed at that weight for awhile? This is what I am going through currently. Its almost like I am having plateus every couple of pounds. How do you guys break through your plateaus?
    That happens to many people and is generally called a whoosh.

As for plateaus, all you can do is keep eating at a deficit and the weight will eventually whoosh off if that's the way you are losing weight right now. If you don't lose weight after a couple of months, you may need to tighten up on the accuracy of your logging.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    :flowerforyou:

Way to go.

I seem to hit walls every so often. Last year I lost 30 lbs (going from 160 to 130) in 30 wks. When I hit 130, I got stuck for a bit. Then when the scale started moving again, I lost very slowly. So slow in fact that at times it didn't feel like I was going anywhere. I know a lot of it has been the fact that after hitting 130, I found it very hard to stick to a deficit of any sort for any length of time. I seem to be in a pattern where I do good for a month (losing between 0.5-1 lb a week) and then maintain the next month through because of logging errors (like eating out a bunch at a restaurant that doesn't have nutritional information available).

My weight loss was pretty steady before that going from 3 lbs per week to 2 to 1 with only the occasional week or 2 that I wouldn't lose.

Currently, I'm planning on switching to recomp for a few months and maybe reevaluating in the fall if I really want to lose the last couple pounds or not.