New today and started Phentermine 37.5 one a day

Options
2»

Replies

• ohaston
    ohaston Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I pray for your speedy recovery and good luck on your journey ... You can do it! Keep your faith and God Bless You!
  • SarahBJane
    SarahBJane Posts: 24
    Options
    Phentermine can be very dangerous. My doctor wouldn't prescribe it me bc he said it could cause me to have a stroke and he wasn't going to do it. I see people at my work who weigh what I weigh take it and they are 8 inches smaller than me so I wonder how their doctors prescribed it to them. Good luck to you though if it works and it doesn't cause you any problems. Like others have said, listen to your body bc it is essentially speed, it raises your heart rate and blood pressure which could cause a stroke.
  • Debadoo57
    Debadoo57 Posts: 11
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support from everyone, its truly a journey I admit, Im stuck between a rock and hard place because of my weight and my heart condition. but I didn't ask for this pill my its like if I dont take it I could have a stroke from my weight and if I do take it but the dr wanting me to take the medicine, and not wanting to take it., but I guess he knows best I will keep a eye on my blood pressure and how I am feeling in the next day or two, thanks so much!
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the support from everyone, its truly a journey I admit, Im stuck between a rock and hard place because of my weight and my heart condition. but I didn't ask for this pill my its like if I dont take it I could have a stroke from my weight and if I do take it but the dr wanting me to take the medicine, and not wanting to take it., but I guess he knows best I will keep a eye on my blood pressure and how I am feeling in the next day or two, thanks so much!

Good going! And set up your little ticker. It makes you feel good to see your progress right there. I did this before, and lost 36 pounds. Then life got in the way and now I am losing the next 30.

The biggest thing for me now is eating enough. I don't want my hair to fall out, or to fell cruddy from not enough vitamins, so I cut out bread and pasta. For ME that is a wise choice because I will eat 2 eggs with spinach scrambled with cheddar cheese, sliced up strawberries and a cup of coffee with almond milk. Laying off the 2 slices of white tst with butter saves 300 calories, and ensures I eat the stuff that is good for me.

I have to plan and think about food though because of the meds.

Honestly, once you start to log your food and go by the suggested caloric intake here in MFP, you may find you don't even need the meds. We tend to eat way more food than we truly need, just because we have gotten used to doing so. When I first started 4 years ago or so, I just logged my food for 1 week. Nothing changed, just logged. I was over 170 pounds, 48 yrs old and eating close to 3000 calories a day! Sodium was crazy. Fat was ridiculous! When I saw that the first thing I changed was no carry out.

Simple life changes, one at a time make it go better. Like adding water. I line up my water bottles so I have my 4. Again, with these meds it is no choice for me as I am constantly thirsty, and it is crucial to keep hydrated, but in the beginning it is setting the tone.

You can do this! Who knows after a few weeks on MFP you may just show the Dr your progress and get off the pills because you are doing so well! Wouldn't that be awesome!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • Debadoo57
    Options
    Honestly I don't want to take these pills, but for now at least till I see him in Aug, Maybe my stomach will be shrunk enough I can do off of them. I do admit that they give me energy that I haven't had in a very long time and the drive to do them. Im watching my blood pressure and anything out of the ordinary. I don't want to take any chances I want to feel good again about myself and my body. Like that say its never too late. Just keep me in your prayers that I have no bad side affects and can get off of them without continuing for a long period of time, As with any medicine you take the longer you are on them the worse it is for you... POSTIVE THINKING RIGHT NOW!...
  • Debadoo57
    Options
    Oh My it would be great to just be enough to realize that food is not the answer to everything. Depression goes a long way in weight gain then that depresses you even more. I have noticed a change already, I have almost giving up drinking anything but water right now and I was a sweet drinker all my born days. I do have a couple of sips now and then thou, cant quit cold turkey..lol!!..:P anyway thanks so much for your story it was a eye opener for sure and diets don't seem to work unless you have others to talk too and get the needed information for a healthier body unless you pay a personal trainer which is out of the question, being here I have a lot of personal trainers and all true stories... thanks so much !!