staying exactly the same weight!

I've been in maintenance now about 6 months and had success. My weight always stays between 59.3 kilos and 61 kilos, a smallish enough range. Actually it usually fluctuates by about .3 kilos up or down on a weekly basis. Now for the past 3 weeks with the usual once weekly weigh in, it's been EXACTLY the same at 60.6! I am pleased with this but just curious to know if it's unusual or what may have caused this? I took up pilates 2 months ago, could that be at factor? I have heard about the concept of a set point weight. Could this be what's going on .? I used to have a take away meal on Saturdays but I didn't do this for away few weeks, so maybe the sodium I'm consuming is slightly less. I didn't make any other changes. Any ideas?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    You're only weighing in once per week...it wouldn't be unusual at all to be the same weight vs daily weigh ins where you would be more likely to see fluctuations.
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    edited April 2016
    Congrats on maintaining nicely :smiley: I find my weight can be like that, then every 4th week I see a lower number. The main thing is you are within your goal range, and you are. :smile:

If you were seeing future gains and starting to veer to 61kg then you'd have to adjust intake again to lose.

If you are new to Pilates then its true some water gain applies from your cells holding onto water for repair, but if this is your third week of Pilates that water weight will have disappeared by now.
    Monitor your weight for another few weeks yet and you'll know what you have to do if it does go higher.
  • Pawsforme
    Pawsforme Posts: 645 Member
    I don't think it's unusual. I weigh every day and have sometimes gone for 5/6/7 days in a row weighing in at the exact same thing. Just when I think something's wrong with the scale I'll get a different weight.