daily or weekly caloriws matter??

Options
Hi...is it daily calories or weekly calories consumed minus burned ones that matters im weight loss?
I mean..if in one day I am over in carbs or whatever and I'm over the counters a little but...can I just cut them from the day after and complete my week ..?
Will this affect my steady weight loss?

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi...is it daily calories or weekly calories consumed minus burned ones that matters im weight loss?
    I mean..if in one day I am over in carbs or whatever and I'm over the counters a little but...can I just cut them from the day after and complete my week ..?
    Will this affect my steady weight loss?

daily, weekly, monthly, annually...it's a continuum. your metabolism doesn't have a 24 hour clock...it doesn't reset or whatever at midnight...it's a continuum.
  • ralostaz2000
    ralostaz2000 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Very good..so this means calculating on weekly basis would be fine
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Very good..so this means calculating on weekly basis would be fine

yes
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    If you find it easier to adhere to a weekly goal then that's the right thing for you.
    It certainly makes it easier to fit in special occasions, meals or social events involving food/drink.

You may have bigger weight fluctuations than someone who eats the same level daily but that's neither a bad thing or a good thing - it's just a thing!
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Weekly to an extent. It doesn't work where you can fast for 6 days or eat very low cal and binge one day of the week....then you are hurting yourself in that aspect regardless of total calories at end of the week. It's just not optimal and creates bad habits of restricting and binging. If you have calorie fluctuations daily though and you're a little high on one day and a little low on the other, then you'll be fine as long as your weekly goal is hit(:
  • ralostaz2000
    Options
    The thing i am worried about is that my waist measurments changes by an increase of 1 inch and a half when even is there....dissapointing thing I gUess but I think it's due to my IBS (irrita le bowel syndrome)
    The soon the morning after it goes back to the normal waist line measurements.
  • ralostaz2000
    Options
    Weekly to an extent. It doesn't work where you can fast for 6 days or eat very low cal and binge one day of the week....then you are hurting yourself in that aspect regardless of total calories at end of the week. It's just not optimal and creates bad habits of restricting and binging. If you have calorie fluctuations daily though and you're a little high on one day and a little low on the other, then you'll be fine as long as your weekly goal is hit(:
    hehehe...I am not willing of BINGING as of real BINGING...but I mean at least 150 to 200 calories daily fluctuations...and i will not go too poor in somedays brcause simply I CAN'T.