Premium

Options
creelle89
creelle89 Posts: 2 Member
Has anyone bought the premium subscription? My Dr suggested this to me because it was free. Once upon a time I did weight watchers. Just wondering?

Thanks in advance and hope everybody is having a great day!

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Paying for premium is just not enough bang for the considerable buck, imho. My suggestion is to try the site for a month or two, and then if you think the premium features are worth paying for, then go for it.

I lost 75 lbs without it, so... ;)
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Look at the features it provides and decide if you would benefit. Things like different calorie goals on different days or macros in grams have their followers, and the adverts go away too.
  • Theresa_1973
    Theresa_1973 Posts: 51 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hi,
    I pay for Premium, which I was happy to do as I like to micro manage my macros, I'm not so concerned with my calories... I like that you get to set Gram goals for your macros, not just percentages; I have hypothyroidism and I'm lactose intolerant, plus I do a lot of weight training, so I like to be mindful of my protein, fibre and sodium intake and I feel I get better control with these Premium features.

I lost 164lb with the free version, but now that I have developed these health issues (which weren't apparent prior to losing the weight) I have started looking at my journey in a slightly different light. I was all about the calories in vs calories out to begin with, but not these days, so Premium was an obvious choice for me.

I use the different goals for different days feature too, because on weight training days I tend to eat more protein rich foods and on cardio days I tend to eat more complex carbs (primarily in the form of fresh fruit).

It is entirely down to your personal preference, but you could always pay for one months subscription and see how it feels, if you make use of the features you could upgrade to yearly renewal, if you're not bothered, just stop paying and go back to free version, but one thing is for sure - it is much cheaper to subscribe for a year than it is for a month at a time, I pay £39.99 for the year, which renews in April 2017, but they charge £7.99 a month, which would be £95.88 for the year.

Good luck with your journey, which ever route you choose to follow

xXx

P.S: I am having an issues with my Premium account right now, so I sent the team an email last night at 9:30pm (UK time) the team had replied within an hour (10:22pm UK Time) and they are already dealing with it, I should hear from them again later today, as it seems they working Pacific Daylight Time, which is about 8 hours behind UK (British Summer Time) I think... This is another plus point for Premium in my opinion.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I will pay for premium once the database for premium members is only USDA entries.