Endurance athlete

Options
I'm marathon training and interested in suggestions for food to eat regularly. I need to keep carbs up and protein up, but looking for some specific go to options. I'm tired of some of my current go tos.

Replies

• ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    I run 70mi/wk. I eat lots of pizza, ice cream, cereal, chicken, rice, burgers. It's difficult for me to eat enough cals. I loose extremely fast.
  • JuliaH728
    JuliaH728 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yeah I usually eat eggs, sausage, and cereal or yogurt for breakfast. Tons of carbs for lunch like granola bars and pasta, then mostly protein for dinner like chicken & rice or steak & potatoes. It's just getting boring eating the same stuff all of the time. I need some new go to recipes.
  • Jburlen2007
    Jburlen2007 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Eating healthy gets boring to me. Ha. But same as everyone else: eggs, pasta, meat, yogurt, etc.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Sweet potato or cook your potatoes a different way - mash, roast, boiled etc etc. Quinoa or cous cous instead of rice.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Omelette with strong cheese and chorizo.

Salmon and cous cous. I like mine cooked en papillote, very quick and easy.

Prawn (or fish) in cheese sauce - line a bowl with mashed potato and finish off in the oven.

Cottage or Shepherd's Pie topped with mash and cheese.

Chow mein or Singapore rice noodles.

If you like your puddings then:

Bread & Butter Pudding

Rice Pudding.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i do lots of cottage cheese and yogurt

and steak and asparagus

i would highly recommend the Runner's World Cookbook. Great recipes
  • kristinegift
    kristinegift Posts: 2,406 Member
    Options
    During marathon trainng, I average about 55-60 miles per week, so really anything goes. I eat oatmeal for breakfast daily, and my go-to meals are chili or shredded pork chops w/ rice and sweet potatoes. I eat a ton of carby snacks like rice cakes and gummy bears and kit-kats. Lunch during the week is usually a turkey sandwich with cheese and hummus and baby carrots + hummus.