confused about fluctuation in weight

Options
so this week i stared walking. monday i walked 2.47 miles. tuesday i walked 3.21 miles and the rest of the week i walked 4.26 miles everyday, even weekends. Sunday before i started i weighed myself, i weighed 209.2 then i weighed my self on wednesday and weighed 204.3 then thursday i weighed 203.6, friday 204.8 and now saturday night i just weighed my self and i am 205.0... i am on a diet... so anyways i am confused about the fluctuations.. please help me understand. THANKS :smile:

Replies

• MissusMoon
    MissusMoon Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I would highly recommend NOT weighing yourself more than once a week if this is going to cause you stress. Your weight can fluctuate several pounds per day. To get a real handle on it, knowing what you weigh at the the same time each week will help you.
    All kinds of things can can factor into this. How much salt you've had. Where your monthly cycle is. What time it is and how much water and food is in your body.
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    What else are you doing to lose weight besides walking? You say you're on a diet. How are you determining how much you eat? Are you weighing and measuring your food? Too little information to help.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Saturday night.. Did you weigh yourself at the end of the day? If so you will always be a few pounds heavier due to the food and fluids you've consumed throughout the day.

I highly recommend weighing everyday, first thing in the morning, after using the loo and before eating or drinking anything and using a weight trend tracker. My favourite is trendweight.com. But there are also phone apps- Libra for Android or Happy scale for i-phone