Honesty is best policy

smm9020
smm9020 Posts: 12
edited September 21 in Introduce Yourself
Everyone tells me that writing down what you eat is a good accountablity thing. BLAH!!!!!! I hate it because I have to be honest and realistic - everything I eat matters. So, this is my second day on this website and I have enjoyed recording...yes...everything I've eaten knowing that I do not have to use all the calories I'm alloted. My first goal is simple: post every day. My summer schedule may not allow for that.
1 day at a time
1 pound at a time
1 powerful God to help me

Me: I'm a Religious Sister (as in "nun"..you know like Sister Act )in need to make "God's will the food that sustains me."
Some good scripture quotes that I'm using are:
John 3:30
Matthew 4:4
John 4:34
Patron Saints for this goal will be:
St. Thomas Aquinas (who was so large a whole was carved into this desk to fit his big stomach) He wrote Summma Theologica
St. Pope John XXIII. Had a great sense of humor about life and loved to eat.
As for a female saint for this endevour...there arn't any...yet! :wink:

Replies

• Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    If you can't write it down on the website every day you can always write it in a paper journal...then put it on the website if you feel so inclined.

On the subject of honesty, I used to write down stuff like 1/2 cup of low fat cottage cheese, having eyeballed the amount. Now I measure and weigh EVERYTHING! WOW was I wrong in my estimations, this is teaching me portion control and might be why previous "diets" never worked for me. :-)

Good luck on your journey!
  • smm9020
    smm9020 Posts: 12
    Thank you for your suggestion.
    :noway: I KNOW that if I were to measure it might just be a bit different. For now, I'll still to EYEBALLING lol First goal: journal...even on paper when my "nun" schedule takes me away from the computer for days at a time.

Here we goooooooooooooo!!!
  • Scncartist
    Scncartist Posts: 173
    You can do it girl!
  • Chickabittie
    Chickabittie Posts: 272
    Good luck, Sister!

I'm brand new here, too. I joined yesterday! I am having so much fun with this site, I'm just sorry I didn't discover it earlier. I too hate writing down everything I eat, but that's the only way to remember it all. I tried the Weight Watchers points plan, and it is the same thing, just with points, not calories. I am curious to see my input with food versus my output with exercise. :-)

Keep it up!
    Mary Anne
  • keith0373
    keith0373 Posts: 2,154 Member
    The food vs. exercise comparison is what does it for me. When that sausage biscuit that I want for breakfast is going to cost me 30 more minutes on the elliptical then the protein bar, the protein bar looks a lot better.
  • twgrizzle
    twgrizzle Posts: 1
    Hi Sister,

Good luck with your journey. I know with prayer and the intercession of the saints, we will both be successful! I am fairly new to the "food diary" but so far so good. I am a father of 6 children (age 10 - age 1) and I know the difficulties in monitoring and taking the time to track my calorie budget. I look forward to taking this journey with you, especially the most important one! :happy:

Todd
This discussion has been closed.