BC pills, Nexplanon, TOM, and weight loss.. heeeelp

Options
I need help! I recently had my Nexplanon implant taken out and my hormones have been thrown completely out of whack since then. I started my TOM the same day (second time this month) and am having worse than normal cramps. I started taking my BC pills about 2 days after (yesterday). To add to all this I haven't been having reg. movements (sorry, tmi?) But I am taking softeners and it's getting a little bit better.

ANYWAYS! I wanted to know if any other ladies have gone through something similar? If so, how long did you give your body to adjust before you started monitoring your weight loss again? I usually weigh everyday but ugh I am not stepping on that scale until my body gets back to normal!

Replies

• SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    I did sort of...my IUD slipped...everything was out of whack for a long time until I found out what happened.

I don't weigh daily anyway so that wasn't a factor for me...I weigh weekly and continued.

I kept monitoring my weight loss understanding that it wasn't linear and that I could be retaining water etc.

scale weight is not primary for me tho either...I prefer to take all the numbers and make my judgement based on all of them...

numbers being

clothing size, how fast I can run a mile, how much weight I can lift, bf%, inches and lastly...weight...

How I look and feel are primary.
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I just had a Skyla IUD put in on the 11th after being on the same combination pill since '08. For the first week, it was all I could do not to eat everything in the house. I'm still tapering down from that. I'm also still spotting some so I know it hasn't "settled" yet. The doc said it could take a few months for everything to normalize (if at all). It's a pain in the *kitten* but there's nothing to do but wait it out. I have been weighing myself and am annoyed with what I see, but it keeps my goals at the forefront. Seeing an unpleasant number at the beginning of the day really helps me to hone my efforts.

ETA: "pain in the *kitten*" sounds realy wrong, considering the context. :s
  • mommazach
    mommazach Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Same issue a few years back. There are some OTC Colon Cleanse options that help gradually without the cramping. You will normalize your TOM in a couple of months. Keep working out if you were previously. Also grab some high fiber foods. Lots of greens.
  • chalaivy
    chalaivy Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    SezxyStef wrote: »
    I did sort of...my IUD slipped...everything was out of whack for a long time until I found out what happened.

I don't weigh daily anyway so that wasn't a factor for me...I weigh weekly and continued.

I kept monitoring my weight loss understanding that it wasn't linear and that I could be retaining water etc.

scale weight is not primary for me tho either...I prefer to take all the numbers and make my judgement based on all of them...

numbers being

clothing size, how fast I can run a mile, how much weight I can lift, bf%, inches and lastly...weight...

I do monitor progress other ways as well, but I also check my weight daily. I don't expect to see loss everyday and I look at the overall picture but I pretty much throw out weighing while it's my TOM because it's just all over the place even more lol.

I guess I just basically want to hear that these extra hormones aren't going to ruin me forever because right now it just sucks so bad and it sucked with my implant and I want it to be over and I'm ready to just throw out the extra hormones but I know I would suck with condoms :neutral:
  • chalaivy
    Options
    mommazach wrote: »
    Same issue a few years back. There are some OTC Colon Cleanse options that help gradually without the cramping. You will normalize your TOM in a couple of months. Keep working out if you were previously. Also grab some high fiber foods. Lots of greens.

colon cleanse for my BM issues or period issues? or both? :) thanks!
  • PaulaWallaDingDong
    PaulaWallaDingDong Posts: 4,641 Member
    Options
    chalaivy wrote: »

numbers being

I do monitor progress other ways as well, but I also check my weight daily. I don't expect to see loss everyday and I look at the overall picture but I pretty much throw out weighing while it's my TOM because it's just all over the place even more lol.

I guess I just basically want to hear that these extra hormones aren't going to ruin me forever because right now it just sucks so bad and it sucked with my implant and I want it to be over and I'm ready to just throw out the extra hormones but I know I would suck with condoms :neutral:

The thing about the various forms of hormonal bc is you can never really know how it will turn out. You might level out in a few months, you might never get quite right and have to decide to deal with it, try another formulation (there are like a billion of them) or give up hormones altogether. I personally loved the pill I was on (Mircette) but my bp kept spiking at the obgyn (though it was fine everywhere else) and they pushed me into progestin-only.
  • chalaivy
    Options
    chalaivy wrote: »

numbers being

The thing about the various forms of hormonal bc is you can never really know how it will turn out. You might level out in a few months, you might never get quite right and have to decide to deal with it, try another formulation (there are like a billion of them) or give up hormones altogether. I personally loved the pill I was on (Mircette) but my bp kept spiking at the obgyn (though it was fine everywhere else) and they pushed me into progestin-only.

Oh interesting! This is my first time on the pill, I've done the shot and the implant only so far, negative experiences with both but I hear that the hormone in the two are similar while the pill is different. I'm not sure which horomone pill I have but I'm really really hoping that it works!
  • chalaivy
    Options
    I just had a Skyla IUD put in on the 11th after being on the same combination pill since '08. For the first week, it was all I could do not to eat everything in the house. I'm still tapering down from that. I'm also still spotting some so I know it hasn't "settled" yet. The doc said it could take a few months for everything to normalize (if at all). It's a pain in the *kitten* but there's nothing to do but wait it out. I have been weighing myself and am annoyed with what I see, but it keeps my goals at the forefront. Seeing an unpleasant number at the beginning of the day really helps me to hone my efforts.

ETA: "pain in the *kitten*" sounds realy wrong, considering the context. :s

Haha! It is a pain for sure!! And yes I agree with eating everything in sight.. It's terrible. I'm just ready to get back to feeling a little bit ''normal''. I don't think I normalized while I had the implant for 2 years. It sucked :p Here's to hoping different methods are better!