in need of motivation

Options
Hi, I'm doing p90x and only have 2 more weeks to go. I got sick 10 days ago (still a little sick) with cold, horrible headaches, and fever I tried exercising after the fever was gone but was impossible I felt terrible. Anyway because of being sick I missed 10 days of p90x and yesterday I tried to get back and feel so weak mentally and physically. I could only do half of the push ups I could do before and had to stop in the middle of the workout because my mind was telling me to stop.

At the beginning I was so motivated that even if I couldn't do all the moves I would stick till the end and modified the moves.

How can I get my motivation back?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you just gotta give yourself a gut check. Keep in mind why you are doing this in the first place, and realize that every time you procrastinate, you are getting further away from accomplishing your goal. Is this worth the current level of satisfaction from not taking action now?
  • sexymuffintop
    Options
    It's simple really. Do you want to be overweight or not? I presume you don't seeing as you are on here. Then you need to get back on it and start again. Or be overweight. It's a choice you have to make.
  • Becky_Smith72
    Becky_Smith72 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    For me, whenever I felt unmotivated I simply did a list of reasons why I'm doing this. Rather its weight loss, health, clothes, etc. I spend a lot of time thinking about this and it really seems to motivate me. I've lost 65lbs in the last year and for me my biggest motivation has been playing with my 5 kids and setting a good example for them and that is what I focus on when I feel unmotivated. You can do this! Feel free to add me if you'd like some motivation! :)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Maybe start a new workout, you can find tons on youtube, just don't give up :-)
  • proudmommy1003
    proudmommy1003 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm ready success stories! !! That always motivates me lol
    I'm so happy with my p90x results so far and dont want to lose what I have accomplished. I'm already al my goal weigh I'm trying to decrease my body fat %