Sugar in Fruit

Options
I really enjoy eating fruit. I eat a lot of fruit in the summer, and do not plan on stopping. I was wondering what other peoples opinions are about consuming a lot of extra sugar from fruit.

Replies

• melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Natural Sugar

Fruit, and therefore fruit juice, contains some sugar that occurs naturally. This type of sugar is known as fructose. Any type of sugar contains significant calories and no nutritional value beyond its use for generating energy. However, foods that are naturally high in fructose -- like fruit -- tend to be nutritionally rich overall. Therefore, they are a far more beneficial source of sugar than foods that have extra sugar artificially added to them, whether in the form of a candy bar, sugar-added fruit juice concentrate or any other form===========

Livestrong.com
  • susannamarie
    susannamarie Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    I don't track sugar.
  • SJVZEE
    SJVZEE Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I limit my fruit intake because of the sugar.
  • RobP1192
    RobP1192 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    1g of sugar is 1g of carb. 1g carb is 4 calories. A lot of fruit has... a lot of sugar. A lot of sugar means a lot of carbs. A lot of carbs means, a lot of calories. A lot of calories means... well, whatever it means to you. Most of my carbs are from fruits. I stopped eating breads and pasta's a lot so that i could eat more fruit. Carbs are carbs.