i hadn't gain weight for the first 2 weeks

Options

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Eat more..

How many calories are you eating? Are you logging calories? What are your stats? What is your exercise routine?
  • HamsterManV2
    HamsterManV2 Posts: 449 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Calculate your TDEE. That is the amount of calories you need to maintain weight. Eat +500 calories over that to gain 1lb per week. Do this in conjunction with lifting to build muscles (with some fat, but minor if your diet is on point). You need to track EVERYTHING that goes into your mouth. Counting calories and eating will be a full time job for the first 3 weeks, but then it becomes routine. Underweight people overestimate how much they eat consistently, so you need to track this for a month while eating at +500 calories over your TDEE. ~4lbs of weight gain per month, so you can calculate how long you need to do this for to reach your goal.

Beware going over +500 calories, as that will basically translate into fat, not muscles (assuming you are lifting).

As for exercise, if you don't know where to start, lots of people suggest: strong lifts, ICF 5x5, starting strength, greyskull LLP. They are all great, choose one and go.

• princessterrie16
    princessterrie16 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    We need more details like how much do you weigh, what is your goal, how tall are you, how many calories are you eating a day? Are you trying to gain muscle or some fat or a mixture? But as the people above me said, whatever is the amount of calories you should eat to maintain your weight (based on your height and current weight), you need to eat about 500 calories more than that depending on your goal and how fast you want to reach that. I'm trying to gain some fat so I'm currently eating A LOT of calories daily but I still plan to workout to keep my body toned in my belly area. I'm lucky to have genes that cause weight to go to my boobs or butt first and never really my stomach that much.