Bloating vs fat?!

Options
Hi all, so my weight has always had a 1.5kg fluctuation during my monthly cycle however this month I have gone up by 1.5kg and it has not budged for 30 days now. My diet has not changed and now I am eating less as I am so worried it's weight gain. How can you tell between fat and bloating? Have any women on the pill experienced this? My doctor laughed and said 'everyone tries to make excuses' which didn't help me. I feel constantly bloated breathless. I was taking bisocodol everyday but I have heard that can cause water retention, so I am now dealing with the constipation causes by IBS. Anyone have a non medicinal suggestion as to relieve excess water (if it is that!)

Replies

• BelleCakes2018
    BelleCakes2018 Posts: 568 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You've just said it in your own question....
    You were taking something that caused water retention, and you are constipated. IBS also makes people bloat out all by itself without the constipation.
    Perfect recipe for bloating!!
    Before you worry too much, try and get those 2 things in check, and then you can really assess whether it's just bloating or real weight gain.
    Also as a side note.. is it just your tummy that is bloated? Do you look pregnant in your opinion? Or do you feel a little bigger all over, and your clothes are tighter in other places? That could help you realise whether you've gained weight or not, but if you're eating less I cannot imagine why you would have put on weight.