I'm So Tired After P90X

Options
I recently started P90X and I get through the workout pretty well. The fact that you choose the amount of weight for your fitness level helps. My problem is how exhausted I am afterwords. I know people rave about Shakeology but I don't have the money to invest. Does anyone have an affordable solution to my problem?

Replies

• Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    All you need is one or 2 bananas and a whey protein shake which can cost from $30-$120 depending the amount you buy and brand. It will have you refreshed in no time.
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    I agree, basically getting a balance of carbs and protien after any strength workout should do the trick... but in general I am pretty tuckered out after a day of heavy lifting, ussually sleep really well that night lol, but I do my routine in the evenings :) I read recently that chocolate milk has a good balance of the carbs and protien your muscles are looking for after your workout :) I'll take that as an excuse to drink chocolate milk :laugh:

edit: also make sure your staying really hydrated through the whole thing... dehydration can cause exahstion easily
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    MORE FOODZ
  • teamryan90
    teamryan90 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Get at least 10 grams of protein and nutrients back in your body with 20 minutes to an hour of your workout. Make sure you are also getting at least 7 to 8 hours of sleep each night.

I also host a group here on MFP with over 180 members working out to P90X, Insanity, and all Team Beachbody programs. You are welcome to join us for support and motivation. Feel free to ask any questions. We also have a certified P90X Instructor in our group that can help with any questions. The links to my MFP and Facebook groups are below.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/527307200663612/

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/14116-total-team-beachbody-support-group