Using Clothes as Motivation....?

Options
2»

Replies

• bdruggles
    bdruggles Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Oh yeah. I have clothes I haven't worn in a long while hanging on the closet door. I look at them every morning and remind myself how awesome it will be the day they fit again, even if I deem them too out of fashion to wear out of the house.
  • princesspea234
    princesspea234 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Size 26 Citizens of Humanity jeans... barely zip... should be comfy by the time I meet my goal. Hopefully, I will be able to wear them by the time my MBA classes start to the first day of class.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I haven't bought anything at my goal size (still a long way to go), but I try to keep one item of clothing on hand that's one size too small. Last weekend I tried on the shorts I've been staring at since Memorial Day and realized they actually fit comfortably, so it's time to find something a size smaller as my next motivator.
  • april_mesk
    april_mesk Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of short shorts that are purple camo print. Used to love them...Keep them on closet door hanging. Don't believe I will get back there...it was almost too small for me..idk...
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm like the others. I gave away and sold many of the nice things I had that had gotten too small, some still with tags (which I majorily regret now). I had a few things that I saved for a friend and now they fit me and are loose! I am sorry for my friend, she'll only get them when I lose more weight. I have a bikini that I wore back in Spain and hope to get back into that by next summer, couldn't part with that one....:blushing:
  • amandabrooke17
    amandabrooke17 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I used my initial weight goal as the motivator for a new pair of running shoes :) but I already have some skinny clothes from pre-pregnancy, so I didn't need to buy something new in my case. Congrats on getting into your goal clothes!
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    i buy a lot of small clothes and throw out fat pants. so i don't have anything to wear if i don't lose weight. cruel but works.
  • uthatswho
    uthatswho Posts: 34
    Options
    Nope, I only keep cloths that I've worn within the last 6 months or so. Closet space is limited.

Never heard of my body gallery, but I tried my height and weight with weight 140 lbs & 150 lbs and same pictures were on both searches, there was also disclaimer about the age groups.

How would you know the size you want is realistic, considering how much they vary from manufactures?